What's special about this wire cutting tool?
- Professional grade cutting strength for efficient and quality cuts each time
- Smooth spring action reduces hand fatigue and allows for easy, repetitive cutting
- Rust resistant electrophoretic deposition finish for a longer-lasting and more aesthetically pleasing tool
- Click for More Features
Platinum Tools® Steel Wire Cutter features a heavy duty, high leverage design that provides you with singlehanded cutting action on a wide variety of hard to cut materials, such as stainless steel wire and piano wire. The blade is designed to ensure a clean cut without pinching or crushing the material so that fittings and terminals can go on easily and your work is finished efficiently.
- Contoured handles provide a comfortable grip that allows you to work longer with less fatigue
- Forged from quality chrome molybdenum that has been hardened to 58-60 HRC to ensure top quality product strength and performance
- Safety latch keeps the tool closed when not in use to save space inside your tool bag, and helps prevent blade-related hand injury when retrieving the wire cutter from storage
- Bright orange handle grips make this wire cutter stand out from the rest for easy location inside crowded tool chests or boxes
|Material:||Forged Chrome Molybdenum|
|Dimensions:||8" x 2 1/4" x 1/2"|
|Stainless Steel Wire:||3.0 mm - 1/8" - 0.118"|
|Stainless Steel Wire Rope:||2.0 mm - 5/64" - 0.079"|
|Piano Wire:||3.0 mm - 1/8" - 0.118"|
|Iron Wire:||4.0 mm - 5/32" - 0.157"|
|Threaded Steel Rod:||4.0 mm - 5/32" - 0.157"|
|Steel Bolts:||4.0 mm - 5/32" - 0.157"|
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- 3 Time-Saving Contractor’s Tools that Pay for Themselves
- Tool Box Roundup: How to Find the Right One for You
- On-the-Job Ergonomics for Electrical Contractors
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Difficult To Use
- Contract Jobs
Comments about Platinum Tools Inc Platinum Tools-Steel Wire Cutter:
I'm a truck driver and this works well when I need to cut of some of the seals that are put on my trailer. Most cutters get dull after one or two uses, so a more durable cutter is necessary.
- Primary use: