What's special about this tool box?
- Heavy duty hinge system with stainless steel hinge pins and raised ribs that stop the lid at 180° so it can serve as a workspace that supports up to 50 lbs
- Pre-configured sliding drawer set up, or mix and match shallow and deep drawers to suit individual needs
- Mil spec tested and approved for 5 foot drops and complete water submersions for up to 30 minutes – MIL-STD-810F
- Click for More Features
Pelican designed the 0450 Mobile Tool Chest for the US Army to be tough, portable, and functional. This case can function as a mobile workstation when space is at a premium, as a toolbox with stretchy pallet inserts to keep tools in place, and still be rugged enough to meet military standards.
|PEL-0450WD||Pelican Mobile Tool Chest with Drawers
Includes: 1 Top Tray, 1 Deep Drawer & 6 Shallow Drawers
|23.95" L x 14.75" W x 17.95" D||41.5 lbs|
|PEL-0450ND||Pelican Mobile Tools Chest without Drawers||23.95" L x 14.75" W x 17.95" D||33 lbs|
|PEL-0455TT||Top Tray for Mobile Tool Chest||1 Top Tray Slot per unit||2 lbs|
|PEL-0455DD||Deep Drawer for Mobile Tool Chest||Fills 2 Drawer Slots||1.6 lbs|
|PEL-0455DS||Shallow Drawer for Mobile Tool Chest||Fills 1 Drawer Slots||1.2 lbs|
|PEL-0456||Vertical Tool Pallet for Mobile Tool Chest (Loops arranged vertically so tools lay lengthwise. Ideal for longer tools)||1 Pallet fits 1 Drawer||1 lb|
|PEL-0457||Horizontal Tool Pallet for Mobile Tool Chest (Loops arranged horizontally so tools lay front to back. Ideal for shorter tools)||1 Pallet fits 1 Drawer||1 lb|
The 0450 tool chest comes in a pre-loaded drawer option, which includes the top tray, 1 deep drawer, and 6 shallow drawers, or an unloaded version that allows you to fully customize the case based on your needs.
A variety of options are available to help you customize based on your preferences or needs including, strapped tool pallet inserts to keep tools organized and in place, and precise fit foam trays for extra equipment protection.
The design of the 0450 Mobile Tool Chest was fully thought out to include Army’s specifications for drop testing, submersion, and dust resistance, as well as the little things that make for ease of use. All of the drawers are removable, so tools can be taken where they are needed without the extra weight of the case. In addition, there are 3 unsealed pockets on the outside of the case to allow for easy temporary storage of smaller items.
- Extra deep handles allow easy carrying from any position, even when trying to move the chest while its still open
- Deflector ribs along the side of the chest help protect hinges in shipping, and aid in rolling the case onto its back with rounded edges
- Wide 2” wheels for stable maneuvering, as well smart wheel placement to optimize usable drawer space
- Pockets on the top of the case and feet on the bottom make for a “Block-In-Pocket” design, which prevents lateral movement
- Deep wheel wells prevent ground debris from jamming
- Field replaceable trolley handle and wheel system are available straight from Pelican for quick and easy maintenance
- 2 automatic pressure equalization valves make opening the case easier after altitude changes by balancing the case's interior pressure with the outside ambient pressure
- Covered by Pelican's Legendary Lifetime Warranty
|Description||Mobile Tool Chest with Drawers||Mobile Tool Chest without Drawers|
|Exterior Dimension||23.95" L x 14.75" W x 17.95" D
(60.8 x 37.5 x 45.6 cm)
|23.95" L x 14.75" W x 17.95" D
(60.8 x 37.5 x 45.6 cm)
|Interior Dimension||20.56" L x 10.97" W x 12.65" D
(52.2 x 27.9 x 32.1 cm)
|20.56" L x 10.97" W x 12.65" D
(52.2 x 27.9 x 32.1 cm)
|Weight||41.5 lbs (18.82 kg)||33 lbs (14.97 kg)|
|Weight Capacity||Tested to 150 lbs||Tested to 150 lbs|
Tool chest with drawers
Tool chest without drawers
|1 (included)||up to 1 (sold separately)|
|1 (included)||up to 4 (sold separately)|
|6 (included)||up to 8 (sold separately)|
PELICAN LEGENDARY LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF EXCELLENCE
Pelican guarantees its products for a lifetime against breakage or defects in workmanship. Pelican cases are guaranteed to be watertight to a depth of 3 feet for 30 minutes (IP 67) unless otherwise stated if properly closed with undamaged o-ring in place. Pelican's liability is limited to the case and not its contents. This guarantee does not cover the lamp or batteries (rechargeable or alkaline) for lights. Any liability, either expressed or implied, is limited to replacement of the product. This guarantee is void if the Pelican product has been abused beyond normal and sensible wear and tear. This guarantee does not cover shark bites, bear attacks or damage caused by children under five.
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- 0450 Tool Chest Brochure (PDF)
- Pelican Customer Q&A
- It's Just Not Summer Without a Pelican
- Tool Box Roundup: How to Find the Right One for You
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Contract Jobs
Comments about Pelican Mobile Tool Chest - With Drawers:
Quality construction. Drawers should be light metal instead of thick plastic. It would allow for more depth in the drawers and less weight. Very heavy empty but very durable as well. Tough to keep it under 100 lb airline limit. The less than efficient use of available space and empty weight are drawbacks to this box.
- Primary use: