What's special about these hoods?
- Made from Nomex®, Lenzing or P84® to provide specialized protection for your environment
- Elastic face opening for comfort and adaptability as well as maintains its shape and size when it's removed
- Meets current ASTM F1506 and NFPA 70E standards
- Click for More Features
Your Arc Flash Protection Hood is your first line of defense against the potentially devastating effect arc flash can have on your face, neck and head. When used in conjunction with the OEL Arc Flash Protection Hat and Shield, it adds comfort as well as an additional layer of safety
|OEL-AFW021||11 cal/cm2 Arc Knit Hood||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW023||20 cal/cm2 Arc Knit Hood||Navy Blue||0.6 lb.|
- Also referred to as a balaclava, it provides complete 360° head and neck protection from the hazards of electrical arc flash
- Design: full face, 2 ply head, 1 ply extended bib, rib knit material
- Can be used alone or with an OEL Arc Flash Protection High Performance Shield Kit for a more complete solution
- Constructed of two layers of rib knit material for added protection
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
|OEL-AFW021||11 cal/cm2||20% Nomex®, 80% Lenzing||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW023||20 cal/cm2||40% P84®, 55% Lenzing FR material and 5% Kevlar||Navy Blue||0.6 lb.|
PPE Hazard Categories
|Hazard Category||Required PPE||Min. Arc Rating|
|2*||Same as 2 EXCEPT Flash Suit 8 Hood required (no face shield option)||8|
Minimum Arc Rating indicates the amount of thermal energy the apparel protects against. It is important that workers ear natural fibers and fire resistant clothing because the severe burns can be as the result of ignited or melted clothing. Additional shields and barriers should be considered to protect workers. De-energizing and locking out equipment is the best way to protect workers.
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Electrical Hazards
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- What is Arc Flash?
- How to Take Care of Arc Flash Clothing and PPE
- What are Arc Hazard Categories?
- How to Start an Arc Flash Prevention Program
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030