OEL 11-20 cal/cm2 Arc Flash Protection Hood
Your Arc Flash Protection Hood is your first line of defense against the potentially devastating effect arc flash can have on your face, neck and head. When used in conjunction with the OEL Arc Flash Protection Hat and Shield, it adds comfort as well as an additional layer of safety
- Also referred to as a balaclava, it provides complete 360° head and neck protection from the hazards of electrical arc flash
- Design: full face, 2 ply head, 1 ply extended bib, rib knit material
- Can be used alone or with an OEL Arc Flash Protection High Performance Shield Kit for a more complete solution
- Constructed of two layers of rib knit material for added protection
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
|OEL-AFW021||11 cal/cm2||20% Nomex®, 80% Lenzing||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW022||15 cal/cm2||100% Nomex®||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW023||20 cal/cm2||40% P84®, 55% Lenzing FR material and 5% Kevlar||Navy Blue||0.6 lb.|
|OEL-AFW021||11 cal/cm2 Arc Knit Hood||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW022||15 cal/cm2 Arc Knit Hood||White||0.5 lb.|
|OEL-AFW023||20 cal/cm2 Arc Knit Hood||Navy Blue||0.6 lb.|
PPE Hazard Categories
|Hazard Category||Required PPE||Min. Arc Rating|
|2*||Same as 2 EXCEPT Flash Suit 8 Hood required (no face shield option)||8|
Minimum Arc Rating indicates the amount of thermal energy the apparel protects against. It is important that workers ear natural fibers and fire resistant clothing because the severe burns can be as the result of ignited or melted clothing. Additional shields and barriers should be considered to protect workers. De-energizing and locking out equipment is the best way to protect workers.
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Electrical Hazards
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- What is Arc Flash?
- How to Take Care of Arc Flash Clothing and PPE
- What are Arc Hazard Categories?
- How to Start an Arc Flash Prevention Program
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!