OEL Arc Flash 8 - 40 cal/cm2 Arc Flash Protection Coats
The maximum arc flash protection of a kit is equal to the lowest cal/cm2 rating of any component in the selected safety kit. More
Depending on the application which you are being protected from, you must select the risk category that suits your needs to be safe. Your Arc Flash Coat will provide you with the potentially life saving layer of protection you need from the energy leaving an electrical enclosure during an explosion caused by equipment failure or other arc fault. The goal of your OEL Arc Flash Coat is to limit your injury to reversible damage, less than a second degree burn.
- Each coat is 50" long and has Nomex® wristlets
- The back expands when needed for a comfortable fit so that you can do the job you need to do
- Dual stage front closure gives you double the protection
- These coats are meant to be worn with the Arc Flash Wear Hoods
- Available in sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL and 5XL (4 and 5XL must be special ordered so allow for more time)
- Meets current ASTM F1506 and NFPA 70E standards
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
PPE provides protection after an arc flash incident has occurred and should be viewed as the last line of protection. Reducing the frequency and severity of incidents should be the first option and this can be achieved through a complete arc flash hazard assessment and through the application of technology such as High Resistance Grounding which has been proven to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents.
|Item||ATPV Rating||Risk Category||Material||Color||Weight|
|OEL-AFW080-C||8 cal/cm2||1||Indura Ultra Soft® with Nomex® thread and wristlets||Orange||2.2 lbs.|
|OEL-AFW017-C||12 cal/cm2||2||Indura Ultra Soft with Nomex thread and wristlets||Green||2.6 lbs.|
|OEL-AFW018-C||20 cal/cm2||2||Indura Ultra Soft with Nomex thread and wristlets||Orange||2.9 lbs.|
|OEL-AFW085-C||25 cal/cm2||3||Indura Ultra Soft with Nomex thread and wristlets||Green||3.1 lbs.|
|OEL-AFW020-C||31 cal/cm2||3||Indura Ultra Soft with Nomex thread and wristlets||Blue||3.6 lbs.|
|OEL-AFW019-C||40 cal/cm2||4||Indura Ultra Soft with Nomex thread and wristlets||Blue||4.4 lbs.|
50" Arc Flash Protection Coats
|PART #||ATPV RATING*||RISK CATEGORY||SIZES||COLOR||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|OEL-AFW080-C||8 cal/cm2||1||S, M, L, XL,
|OEL-AFW017-C||12 cal/cm2||2||S, M, L, XL,
|OEL-AFW018-C||20 cal/cm2||2||S, M, L, XL,
|OEL-AFW085-C||25 cal/cm2||3||S, M, L, XL,
|OEL-AFW020-C||31 cal/cm2||3||S, M, L, XL,
|OEL-AFW019-C||40 cal/cm2||4||S, M, L, XL,
*Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV) - This represents the maximum capability for arc flash protection of a particular piece of outer wear. This value applies to fabrics. If a garment is made from more than one layer of arc flash rated fabric, it will have a calorie per square centimeter rating greater than the sum of the ATPV ratings of the original fabrics.
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Electrical Hazards
- CableOrganizer.com's Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- What is Arc Flash?
- How to Take Care of Arc Flash Clothing and PPE
- What are Arc Hazard Categories?
- How to Start an Arc Flash Prevention Program