Nelson FSP™ Firestop Putty
NOTE: The AA-445 stick is no longer available.
Nelson FSP™ is an excellent way to create an instant fire seal. This easy to use mixture can be pressed in place by hand, and requires no special equipment or processes, so installation and cleanup are a breeze. FPS™ is the perfect solution for retrofit applications, and situations in which frequent cabling changes take place.
- Reusability is ideal for making changes to your cabling throughway, and convenient for retrofit installations
- Putty stays pliable at all times and doesn't set, so it can be easily removed and reapplied
- Requires no curing or drying time
- Weather resistant for added durability and corrosion resistance
- Acoustically tested to reduce the transmission of noise and vibration
- For faster installation, no cable derating is needed
- 3-hour rating complies with ASTM E119 and UL263 for building construction materials
- Available as an easy to carry and store putty bar, or as putty pads
Ideal for filling voids on or around:
- MSDS (PDF)
|Density||0.049 lbs / in3|
|Activation Temperature||500° F (260° C) Max.|
|Application Temperature||40° F (4° C) to 110° F (43° C)|
|Dielectric Strength||>356 v/mil|
Flame Spread - 5
Smoke Developed - 10
|ASTM E814 and UL 1479|
|ANSI / UL 263|
|Underwriters Laboratories, Inc "Fill, Void, or Cavity Material (XHHW)", FM, ABS, and USCG City of New York, New York, Department of Buildings|
|MEA 196-84-M Vol 3|
|Storage & Handling|
|Nelson FSP™ should be stored indoors. Long term storage temperature: 140° F (60° C) maximum. There is no indication of shelf-life limitations. Partially used bars should be re-wrapped in their original packaging before being stored.|
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||DIMENSIONS||QUANTITY PER PACK||WEIGHT||PRICE / PK|
|NFS-AA458||Nelson FSP Moldable Putty Pad||6" x 7" x 1/8"||1||0.625 lb|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!