What's special about moldable firestop?
- Constructed of a blend of organic and inorganic intumescent materials that expand with extreme heat to seal voids from exposure to fire and smoke
- Pre-mixed material is ready to use right out of the box, so it requires no additional blending, and saves time on the jobsite
- Hand moldable, so it requires no specialty tools for installation or adhesion
- Click for More Features
Nelson FSP™ is an excellent way to create an instant fire seal. This easy to use mixture can be pressed in place by hand, and requires no special equipment or processes, so installation and cleanup are a breeze. FPS™ is the perfect solution for retrofit applications, and situations in which frequent cabling changes take place.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||DIMENSIONS||QUANTITY PER PACK||WEIGHT||PRICE / PK|
|NFS-AA458||Nelson FSP Moldable Putty Pad||6" x 7" x 1/8"||1||0.625 lb|
- Reusability is ideal for making changes to your cabling throughway, and convenient for retrofit installations
- Putty stays pliable at all times and doesn't set, so it can be easily removed and reapplied
- Requires no curing or drying time
- Weather resistant for added durability and corrosion resistance
- Acoustically tested to reduce the transmission of noise and vibration
- For faster installation, no cable derating is needed
- 3-hour rating complies with ASTM E119 and UL263 for building construction materials
- Available as an easy to carry and store putty bar, or as putty pads
Ideal for filling voids on or around:
- MSDS (PDF)
|Density||0.049 lbs / in3|
|Activation Temperature||500° F (260° C) Max.|
|Application Temperature||40° F (4° C) to 110° F (43° C)|
|Dielectric Strength||>356 v/mil|
Flame Spread - 5
Smoke Developed - 10
|ASTM E814 and UL 1479|
|ANSI / UL 263|
|Underwriters Laboratories, Inc "Fill, Void, or Cavity Material (XHHW)", FM, ABS, and USCG City of New York, New York, Department of Buildings|
|MEA 196-84-M Vol 3|
|Storage & Handling|
|Nelson FSP™ should be stored indoors. Long term storage temperature: 140° F (60° C) maximum. There is no indication of shelf-life limitations. Partially used bars should be re-wrapped in their original packaging before being stored.|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Creating a Fire Protection Plan for Your Business
- 10 Ways to Prevent Hazardous Energy Injuries in the Workplace
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030