What makes these wire connectors so special?
- 3-Step process creates THE most durable sealed wire connection around
- Clear polyolefin tubing provides a viewing window so you can ensure that your connection has been terminated correctly
- Click for More Features
MultiLink Crimp and Solder Sealed Butt Splices are crimped for maximum reliability, then soldered for strength and conductivity. Each butt splice has an adhesive lined heat shrink tubing to provide a durable and weatherproof seal. This multi-step process has a high tensile strength and provides you with the most secure connection possible. These electrical connector kits are available in several options, including a Starter Kit and Maintenance Kit that include a multipuprose crimper/cutter tool and a mini butane torch. Starter and Maintenance kits also feature various gauge ring studs in addition to butt connectors.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||COLOR||WIRE GAUGE||SHRINK RATIO||QUANTITY/PK||PRICE PER PACK|
|NSPA-ML5-20||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Clear||22-24 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-16||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Red||18-20 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-14||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Blue||14-16 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-10||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Yellow||10-12 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ASST-MLF-9000||Multilink LEAD-FREE Sealed Solder & Crimp 60-Piece Mini Kit in Plastic Box
(Butt Connectors Only)
|NSPA-ASST-MLF-5000||Multilink LEAD-FREE Sealed Solder & Crimp 75-Piece Starter Assortment in Plastic Box
(Butt Connectors, Terminals)
|NSPA-ASST-MLF-1000||Multilink Sealed Solder & Crimp 245-Piece Maintenance Assortment in Metal Drawer
(Butt Connectors, Terminals, Tabs)
|Listing of the Contents of each Kit|
- Inner barrel is serrated to get a better grip on wires and provide extra crimp strength
- Solder is pre-measured so just the right amount for a high quality connection and greater tensile strength
- Crimp connector has a brazed and zippered seam provides a secure mechanical connection
- Flux coating to clean metal surfaces
- Solder melts at a low temperature to ease installation
- Adhesive-lined polyolefin seals the connection to make it watertight and durable as well as corrosion resistant
- Each connector is color-coded and printed with the wire AWG to make sizes easily identifiable
Components of the Kits
NSPA-ASST-MLF-9000 Basic Kit
Total Pieces: 60
NSPA-ASST-MLF-5000 Starter Kit
Total Pieces: 75
NSPA-ASST-MLF-1000 Maintenance Kit
Total Pieces: 245
|PART #||AWG||TUBING COLOR||SOLDER ALLOY
|ML5-20||22-24||Clear||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.125||0.875||1.082|
|ML5-16||18-20||Red||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.227||1.327||1.607|
|ML5-14||14-16||Blue||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.255||1.327||1.607|
|ML5-10||10-12||Yellow||45SN/32PB/18CD/5BI (272° F – 284° F)||.320||1.327||1.607|
All dimensions are measured in inches except where noted.
Heat Shrink Tubing
|Material||Multiple wall polyolefin tubing 3:1 shrink ratio with meltable, integral inner wall|
|Applicable Specifications||MIL-I-23053/4, Class 1
UL File E-157227
|Temperature Rating||-55° to 110°C|
|Tensile Strength||2200 PSI|
|Longitudinal Change||1% - 10%|
|Dielectric Strength||900 Volts/Mil|
|Voltage Rating||600 Volts|
APPLICABLE SPECIFICATIONS: J-STD-006
APPLICABLE SPECIFICATIONS: J-STD-004
MultiLink Installation Instructions
Rings, Spades, & Slip-Ons
- Strip the wire 1/2"
- Select a connector that matches the wire gauge and insert the wire thru the solder sleeve and terminal barrel.
- Make sure the wire is properly seated and crimp the terminal barrel (the 1/4" of the barrel closest to the terminal end) using an insulated connector crimping tool nest that matches the color or gauge of the terminal.
- Apply heat evenly around the length of the tubing (including the crimp area) until the tubing fully recovers and the adhesive flows.
- Continue distributing the heat over the solder sleeve until the solder flows into the terminal barrel. Remove the heat and let cool for the Ultimate connection.
For Best Results:
- The connector must be crimped before heating the solder to ensure a proper solder joint.
- Use a heat device of at least 1000° F
- When using an open flame, do not isolate the flame on one area of the tubing
- Distribute the heat evenly
- Overheating the connector may cause damage to the tubing
- The use of an additional "No-Clean" liquid flux is recommended, especially with previously used wire.
- Rating: 105° C
- Not for Multiple Wire Connectors
- WARNING: This product contains LEAD and Cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Avoid creating dust. Can cause lung and kidney disease.
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving with Heat Shrink
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts