Multilink™ Crimp and Solder Sealed Butt Splices & Terminal Kits
MultiLink Crimp and Solder Sealed Butt Splices are crimped for maximum reliability, then soldered for strength and conductivity. Each butt splice has an adhesive lined heat shrink tubing to provide a durable and weatherproof seal. This multi-step process has a high tensile strength and provides you with the most secure connection possible.
- Inner barrel is serrated to get a better grip on wires and provide extra crimp strength
- Solder is pre-measured so just the right amount for a high quality connection and greater tensile strength
- Crimp connector has a brazed and zippered seam provides a secure mechanical connection
- Wire stop feature prevents over-insertion of the wires
- Flux coating to clean metal surfaces
- Solder melts at a low temperature to ease installation
- Adhesive-lined polyolefin seals the connection to make it watertight and durable as well as corrosion resistant
- Each connector is color-coded and printed with the wire AWG to make sizes easily identifiable
Components of the Kits
NSPA-9117 Basic Kit
Total Pieces: 60
NSPA-5117 Basic Kit (with torch)
Total Pieces: 61
NSPA-5204-T Starter Kit
Total Pieces: 92
NSPA-1204-T Maintenance Kit
Total Pieces: 285
|PART #||AWG||TUBING COLOR||SOLDER ALLOY
|ML5-20||22-24||Clear||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.125||0.875||1.082|
|ML5-16||18-20||Red||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.227||1.327||1.607|
|ML5-14||14-16||Blue||50SN/32PB/18CD (295° F)||.255||1.327||1.607|
|ML5-10||10-12||Yellow||45SN/32PB/18CD/5BI (272° F – 284° F)||.320||1.327||1.607|
All dimensions are measured in inches except where noted.
Heat Shrink Tubing
|Material||Multiple wall polyolefin tubing 3:1 shrink ratio with meltable, integral inner wall|
|Applicable Specifications||MIL-I-23053/4, Class 1
UL File E-157227
|Temperature Rating||-55° to 110°C|
|Tensile Strength||2200 PSI|
|Longitudinal Change||1% - 10%|
|Dielectric Strength||900 Volts/Mil|
|Voltage Rating||600 Volts|
APPLICABLE SPECIFICATIONS: J-STD-006
APPLICABLE SPECIFICATIONS: J-STD-004
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||COLOR||WIRE GAUGE||SHRINK RATIO||QUANTITY/PK||PRICE PER PACK|
|NSPA-ML5-20||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Clear||22-24 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-16||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Red||18-20 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-14||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Blue||14-16 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-ML5-10||Multilink Sealed Crimp and Solder Butt Splice||Yellow||10-12 AWG||3:1||50|
|NSPA-9117||Multilink Sealed Solder & Crimp 60-Piece Mini Kit
(Butt Connectors Only)
|NSPA-5117||Multilink Sealed Solder & Crimp 61-Piece Mini Kit
(Butt Connectors & Torch)
|NSPA-5204-T||Multilink Sealed Solder & Crimp 91-Piece Starter Assortment
(Butt Connectors, Terminals, Torch, & Crimp Tool)
|NSPA-1204-T||Multilink Sealed Solder & Crimp 285-Piece Maintenance Assortment
(Butt Connectors, Terminals, Tubing, Torch, & Crimp Tool)
|Listing of the Contents of each Kit|
MultiLink Installation Instructions
Rings, Spades, & Slip-Ons
- Strip the wire 1/2"
- Select a connector that matches the wire gauge and insert the wire thru the solder sleeve and terminal barrel.
- Make sure the wire is properly seated and crimp the terminal barrel (the 1/4" of the barrel closest to the terminal end) using an insulated connector crimping tool nest that matches the color or gauge of the terminal.
- Apply heat evenly around the length of the tubing (including the crimp area) until the tubing fully recovers and the adhesive flows.
- Continue distributing the heat over the solder sleeve until the solder flows into the terminal barrel. Remove the heat and let cool for the Ultimate connection.
For Best Results:
- The connector must be crimped before heating the solder to ensure a proper solder joint.
- Use a heat device of at least 1000° F
- When using an open flame, do not isolate the flame on one area of the tubing
- Distribute the heat evenly
- Overheating the connector may cause damage to the tubing
- The use of an additional "No-Clean" liquid flux is recommended, especially with previously used wire.
- Rating: 105° C
- Not for Multiple Wire Connectors
- WARNING: This product contains LEAD and Cadmium, chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Avoid creating dust. Can cause lung and kidney disease.
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving with Heat Shrink
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?