What's special about this solder?
- Silver solder has a greater strength in joining components than lead solder, making it ideal for use in applications where vibration is a factor
- Meets the impurity requirement for J-Std-006 and RoHS which means free of lead and other potentially hazardous substances such as mercury
- No clean solder residue means when you are finished soldering you have a hard, non-conductive residue left behind which does not require any cleaning
- Click for More Features
MGC-4900 MG Chemicals Lead Free Solder Sn96 is a lead free solder made of tin, copper and silver which conform to impurity requirements making it a high quality grade perfect for any solder jobs. Leaves behind a hard non-conductive solder that requires no cleaning.
|MGC-4900-35G||Pocket Pack||35g (0.7 oz)|
|MGC-4900-112G||Spool||1/4 lb (113 g)|
|MGC-4900-227G||Spool||1/2 lb (227 g)|
|MGC-4900-454G||Spool||1 lb (454 g)|
- Various size spools for the avid electronics enthusiast or electronics professional
- Thickness of wire: 21 gauge, 0.032” diameter for joining small to large components
- Has superior “solder-ability” to make it easy to use
- One pound of this lead free solder yields 27% more solder in length than a lead solder
- Easily de-solders and leaves no residue when removed using a de-soldering agent
- This is a lead free solder made of 96.3% tin, 0.7% copper and 3% silver as a replacement to the standard lead and tin solder
- One year manufacturer warranty
|*Cu content||0.3-0.7 %|
|Copper Mirror||IPC-TM-650 2.3.32||No removal of copper film|
|Silver Chromate||IPC-TM-650 2.3.33||Pass|
|SIR JSTD-004,Pattern Down||IPC-TM-650 184.108.40.206||2.33 x 10 11 ohms|
|SIR Bellcore (Telecordia)||Bellcore GR-78-CORE 13.1.3||6.12 x 10 11 ohms|
|Electromigration||Bellcore GR-78-CORE 13.1.4||Pass|
|Post Reflow Flux Residue||TGA Analysis||55%|
|Acid Value||IPC-TM-650 2.3.13||190-210|
|Flux Residue Dryness||IPC-TM-650 2.4.47||Pass|
|Spitting of Flux-Cored Solder||IPC-TM-650 2.4.48||0.3%|
|Solder Spread||IPC-TM-650 2.4.46||130 mm2|
*Cu= Silver, Sn=Cooper, Tn= Tin
|Lead free/leaded solder comparison||Lead Free Solder (Sn/Ag/Cu)||Sn63/Pb37 (Leaded Solder)|
|Melting Point||217-221º C (422.6 - 429.8º F)||183º C (361.4º F)|
|Wire Diameter||0.032” (0.81 mm)||0.032” (0.81 mm)|
|Std. Wire Gauge||21||21|
|Tolerance, in.||+/- 0.002”||+/- 0.002”|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||Pure Sn=23.5||24.7|
|Tensile Strength||4312 psi||4442 psi|
|Density||7.39 g/cc||8.42 g/cc|
|Electrical Resistivity||13.0 µohm-cm||14.5 µohm-cm|
|Electrical Conductivity||16.6 %IACS||11.9 %IACS|
|Yield Strength, psi||3724||3950|
|Joint Shear Strength, at 0.1mm/min 20ºC||17||14|
|Creep Strength, N/mm2 at 0.1mm/min 20ºC||13.0||3.3|
|Creep Strength, N/mm2 at 0.1mm/min 100 C||5||1|
|Thermal Conductivity||58.7 W/m * K||50.9 W/m * K|
Physical and Chemical Properties
|Physical State: Solid||Odor: None||Solubility: Partially||Evaporation Rate: N/e|
|Boling Point: 1380°C||Specific Gravity: 5.9 -7.0||Vapor Pressure:1mmHg @866°C||Vapor Density:N/e||pH: N/a|
|CAS#||Chemical Name||Percentage by weight||ACGIH TWA||Osha Pel||Osha Stel|
|7440-50-8||Copper||0.3 – 0.7||0.2 mg/m3||0.20 mg/m3||N/e|
|7440-31-5||Tin||91 - 97||2.00 mg/m3||2.00 mg/m3||N/e|
|7440-22-4||Silver||2.7 – 4.2||0.10 mg/m3||0.10 mg/m3||N/e|
WHMIS Codes: n/a
NFPA Ratings: Health 1 | Flammability 0 | Reactivity 0
HMIS Ratings: Health 1 | Flammability 0 | Reactivity 0
Eyes: Fumes may cause eye irritation.
Skin: Fumes may cause skin irritation.
Inhalation: Inhalation of the fumes from this or other soldering products may cause headache, nausea, and muscular pain.
Ingestion: Ingestion of the fumes from this or other soldering products may cause headache, nausea, and muscular pain.
Chronic: Prolonged or repeated exposure due to ingestion may cause anemia, insomnia, weakness, constipation and abdominal pain.
Fire Fighting Measures
Autoignition Temperature: N/a
Flash Point: N/a
LEL / UEL: N/e
Extinguishing Media: Alcohol foam, carbon dioxide, or dry chemical
General Information: Closed containers may explode when exposed to fire conditions.
Routes of entry: Eyes, ingestion, inhalation, and skin.
Ventilation: Use adequate general or local exhaust ventilation to keep airborne concentrations below exposure limits.
Personal Protection: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles. Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Use a NIOSH approved respirator when necessary.
Stability and Reactivity
Stability: Stable under ordinary use and storage conditions.
Incompatibilities: Strong acids and strong oxidizers should be avoided.
Polymerization: Will not occur under normal use and storage conditions.
Decomposition: May emit fumes of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
- Material Safety Data Sheet - PDF
- Lead Free Solder Application Guide - PDF
- RoSH Compliant Letter - PDF
- What is RoSH - PDF
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030