Fast Ethernet Media Converter Singlemode of Multimode
The Fast Ethernet Media Switching Converter is a cost effective solution for expanding or extending an existing Ethernet/Fast Ethernet network. It is a compact, reliable media conversion solution that provides network administrators the ability to migrate or upgrade copper based networks to fiber optic based networks.
- Link Fault Signaling (LFS)
- Remote and local loop back test
- AC Power Adapter included and UL (E161450) approved
- LEDs for at-a-glance device status
- Extend distances ranging to 2km (multi-mode fiber) to 60km (single-mode fiber)
- Store-and-forward at full wire speed
- Internal and external power supply options
- FCC Class A & CE Approved
- Lifetime System Warranty
- LINK FAULT SIGNALLING -- The LFS feature supports the creation of a redundant or secondary connection. This can be ideal for those mission critical or constant service applications such as fiber to the building (FTTB) or Fiber to the Curb (FTTC). The LFS LED provides immediate indication of when a cable has been severed or when some other cause of disruption in service has occurred. Simultaneously, data transmission will be switched to the redundant link resulting in "non-stop" connectivity.
- LOOP BACK TEST -- Once enabled via a DIP Switch, the remote or local Loop Back test feature allows the administrator to instantly determine the status of the cable connection. This offers a simpler approach to trouble shooting; no manual inspection of cables and wire closets are needed.
- SUPPORT NWAY -- These media converters have the advantage of intelligent connection technology to support auto negotiation, thereby eliminating the hassle of manually configuring or monitoring the settings. This ensures Plug and Play operability.
- CABLE FLEXIBILITY & SCALEABILITY -- They allow you to install fiber cabling anywhere within the network without having to replace existing copper based cable. Its compact, modular design facilitates easy deployment in a narrow desktop location or wall mount.
Our single-mode converter is capable of handling the various cable whether data is transmitted over single mode or long haul single mode fiber optics or operating in full or half duplex.
Our multi-mode converter is also capable of handling various configurations whether data is transmitted over multi-mode, single-mode fiber optics, or operating in full or half-duplex.
These media converters have features such as remote and local loop back testing, auto negotiation, and link fault signaling for total reliability. It also features seven DIP switches for manual activation of the enhanced features ensuring the ability to be quickly integrated into a network configuration.
The single-mode series can support a variety of fiber optic cables and connectors that can extend distances up to 60km (37.28 miles) and the multi-mode can extend to distances up to 2km (1.24 miles). Both offer flexibility in the migration to 100Base-FX networks!
|Part #||Converters||Connector Types||Dimensions||Weight||Price|
|IT-MC-100-MM||10/100 Base-TX to 100 Base-FX Multimode||ST, SC||3.38"W x 5.25"D x 1.14"H
(86mm x 133.5mm x 29mm)
|0.348 lb (158g)|
|IT-MC-120-SM-SC||10/100 Base-TX to 100 Base-FX Singlemode||SC|
|Part #||Description||Connector Types||Price|
|IT-MC-100-MM||Media Converter - Enhanced 10/100 Base-TX to 100 Base-FX Multimode||ST, SC|
|IT-MC-120-SM-SC||Media Converter - Enhanced 10/100 Base-TX to 100 Base-FX Singlemode||SC|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Remotely Test RJ45 Terminated Cables
- How to Terminate with an RJ45 Connector
- How to Test an RJ45 Connection
- How to Wire a Keystone Jack
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!