MaxCell Textile Fabric Innerduct 3" 3 Cell
The MaxCell textile innerduct is available in Standard, Plenum, Riser and Detectable versions. This innerduct is an innovative solution for the large-scale and often complicated issues that engineers, contractors, and network providers are often faced with.
- Designed for use with 3" or larger conduits
- Perfect for pulls under 1000 feet in length
- Maximum flexibility and lightweight design allows for installation in small or confined spaces
- Thanks to the use of fabric, the sleeves and cables are able to conform and maximize space inside your conduit; a vast improvement over rigid innerduct
- Reduce the total number of conduits required for new network construction, because more cables fit inside fewer conduits
- Flat design makes it an easy product to store, handle, and ship
- Protects against moisture, chemicals and ultraviolet light, which helps to protect your valuable cabling
- Versatility of installation – two methods available:
- Traditional pulling into the conduit
- Air blown method
- Factory lubricated for quick, easy use
- One-year manufacturer warranty
This product has starred in our Product Showcase Blog! Click here to check it out.
MaxCell innerduct has been used around the world, to the tune of over 100 million feet. It has been successfully installed for applications that include:
- Cable TV
- University, Corporate, and Hospital campuses
- Military and Government installations
This is an excellent choice when your application calls for a cable sleeve within conduit. Unlike rigid innerduct, which will not conform to the shape of the cable, this product allows you to maximize space because none is wasted on empty gaps.
- Melt point of 419° F which is almost double the melting point of HDPE
- Resistance to ground chemicals and petroleum products makes it a great for protecting critical cabling
- Pre-lubricated from the factory for lower friction during cable installation
- View Standard MaxCell Pricing
Plenum and Riser
These are Low Smoke Zero Halogen versions for use in general wiring. The innerduct sleeves provide many avenues of low friction for the installation of multiple cables in a variety of building environments: air handling spaces, raised floors, cable trays and riser ducts.
Plenum & Riser rated sleeves make it feasible to have incremental allotments of cables and quick removal of obsolete and abandoned cables.
- Compliant with UL 2024A standard
- UL 2024A, approved Plenum-rated pull tapes are factory lubricated, installed and color coded for easy cell identification during installation
- It's easy to install cabling because the amount of pulling tension required is drastically reduced compared to other innerducts or conduits
- You can add to your installation after the job is done. Install some cables now, install more cables later
- Simple to switch out cables should the need arise in the future
- View Plenum MaxCell Pricing
- View Riser MaxCell Pricing
Detectable MaxCell is similar to the standard MaxCell, the only difference lies in the inclusion of an 18 gauge solid copper core tracer wire which is inserted in the edge for use in underground utility location.
This embedded copper will not fall out, entangle or impede cable installation, nor increase cable pulling tensions. The creative design of this product has made it so that the wire is protected and so are your cables, which means detectability is ensured for years after the initial install.
This is a reliable method for locating cables deployed in buried conduit, which can be burdensome to have to dig up to locate. Simply use any industry standard toning equipment to find quickly and easily.
|Product Length||Type of Reel||Reel Size||Weight (Reel & Product)||Maximum Product on Reel|
|500 feet||Wood||33" H x 15" W||60 lbs||1,250 feet|
|1,000 feet||Wood||33" H x 15" W||98 lbs||1,250 feet|
|2,650 feet||Wood||33" H x 15" W||270 lbs||4,400 feet|
|5,300 feet||Steel||72" H x 22" W||487 lbs||7,100 feet|
|10,000 feet||Steel||72" H x 45" W||840 lbs||13,500 feet|
Standard MaxCell Specifications
|Specific Gravity||1 - 1.13|
|Melting Point||419° F (215° C)|
|Flash Point||> 200° F|
|Health Hazards||None known|
|Protective Gloves||As required|
|Breaking Strength||2,530 lbs||ASTM D 2256|
|Hydrocarbon Resistance||< 7.5% Tensile Loss||Bellcore 356 4.3.2|
|Fungi Resistance||pass||ASTM G21|
|Halogen Content||Halogen Free, 0.00%||MIL PRF 85045 F|
|Oxygen Index||22 to 24||ASTM D2863|
- View the full MaxCell MSDS Here (PDF)
- View the full MaxCell Technical (PDF)
- View the MaxCell Chemical Resistance Chart (PDF)
Detectable MaxCell - Wire Data
|AWG||18G TFN Solid Copper Core|
|Nominal OD||78 mils|
|Max Voltage||600 V|
|Insulation||15 mils Vinyl|
|UL Standard||UL 2024A, control number 8MA2|
|Maximum Flame (UL2024A, Sec 8)||4.50 FT|
|Propagation (UL2024A, Sec 8)||0.06|
|Peak Optical Smoke Density (UL2024A, Sec 8)||0.02|
Please Note: These products ship in 2-3 weeks
Standard 3" 3 Cell
|MX-C3456500||500'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||60 lbs|
|MX-C34561000||1000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||98 lbs|
|MX-C34562650||2650'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||270 lbs|
|MX-C34565300||5300'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||487 lbs|
|MX-C345610000||10,000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||840 lbs|
Detectable 3" 3 Cell
|MX-D3456500||500'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||60 lbs|
|MX-D34561000||1000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||98 lbs|
|MX-D34562650||2650'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||270 lbs|
|MX-D34565300||5300'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||487 lbs|
|MX-D345610000||10,000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||840 lbs|
Plenum 3" 3 Cell
|MX-P3456500||500'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||60 lbs|
|MX-P34561000||1000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||98 lbs|
|MX-P34562650||2650'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||270 lbs|
|MX-P34565300||5300'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||487 lbs|
|MX-P345610000||10,000'||Black, Blue, Red Stripe on White||840 lbs|
Riser 3" 3 Cell
|MX-R3456500||500'||Black, Blue, Red||60 lbs|
|MX-R34561000||1000'||Black, Blue, Red||98 lbs|
|MX-R34562650||2650'||Black, Blue, Red||270 lbs|
|MX-R34565300||5300'||Black, Blue, Red||487 lbs|
|MX-R345610000||10,000'||Black, Blue, Red||840 lbs|
|MX-CIK11||MaxCell Single 1800lb Swivel||(1) 0.875" Diameter Swivel||1 lb|
|MX-CIK21||MaxCell Double Pull Swivel||(3) 0.875" Diameter Swivels
(1) 2-way chain harness
|MX-CITB3||Inflatable Termination Bag for a 3" Conduit
View more sizes and information
This product has starred in our Product Showcase Blog! Click here to check it out.
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- MaxCell Installation Instructions (PDF)
- MaxCell Innerduct MSDS (PDF)
- MaxCell Chemical Resistance Chart (PDF)
- MaxCell Innerduct Specifications (PDF)
- MaxCell Application Guide (PDF)
- MaxCell Technical Manual (PDF)
- MaxCell Innerduct - Recommended Knots (PDF)
- Detectable MaxCell Innerduct - Brochure (PDF)
- Plenum/Riser MaxCell Innerduct - Brochure (PDF)
MaxCell Quick Installation Instructions
- Create a two inch incision, roughly 18" from the end of the MaxCell pack. Pull out and cut off approximately two feet of pull-tape. This will allow the pull tape ends to retract back into the cells.
- Work with close to six feet of pull tape and tie a non-slip knot to the incision. Then tie 3 to 6 half-hitch knots down to the end of MaxCell. Apply vinyl tape over all knots and the end of MaxCell.
- Using a bow line knot, tie a swivel to the end of 3 feet pull tape. For multi-pack installations one swivel is sufficient, but stagger each MaxCell pulling head.
- Using a bow line knot, attach the pull rope located in the rigid conduit to the other end of the swivel.
- Install MaxCell.
- Leave 3 to 5 feet of excess MaxCell in each manhole. Approximately 1-2 feet from the end of the conduit, cut a 2" incision in the edge of MaxCell then tie off to a stationary object located within the manhole.
- Cut the MaxCell fabric above the incision; do not cut the pull tapes located within the cells. Leave 3-6 feet of pull tape in the manhole for cable installations.
- At the opposite manhole gently pull MaxCell tight and tie off using procedures #6 & 7 above.
- Install cables using standard cable installation techniques. Lubrication is recommended.
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
- What is Plenum Cable, and When Should I Use It?
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- Using Cat5e and Cat6 Patch Cords
- Why Should I Use ‘Low Smoke Zero Halogen’ Cables?