What's special about this ELV Dimmer?
- Equipped with programming features and modes to save energy, adjust brightness levels, and change fade rate times
- The high gloss finish, sturdy and consistent construction, excellent ergonomic traits and precision feel complement fine décor
- Designed exclusively to control the input of electronic (solid state) low voltage transformers
- Click for More Features
The elegant looking Vizia™ 400W Electronic Low Voltage Dimmer is part of Leviton's top of the line decorator series of lighting controls.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||COLOR OPTIONS||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|LE-VPE04||Vizia + Electronic
Low voltage Dimmer
|4.13"H x 1.75"W x 1.4"D||0.5 lb.|
The smart design allows you to coordinate all your electrical lighting controls with Vizia™ and Decora® Plus products for an attractive, consistent and functional appearance throughout your office or residence.
Lighting can be controlled with the integrated digital brightness bar that has advanced programming features to set the light/fade level just the way you desire. Selectable fade rates and LED timeout options make this dimmer eco-friendly and help reduce your energy costs and extend bulb life.
Although each dimmer push pad is pre-installed in white, it includes prepackaged color kits in Ivory and Almond or Ivory and Light Almond so you can easily change the color of your dimmer to match any décor.
- Only used with electronic low voltage transformers in any commercial or residential location as a single pole (single location) or 3-way or more application (multi-location)
- Easily find the control in the dark with the LED indicator on the front of the device
- Interchangeable and versatile, with 3 colored faceplates in each box to save time on the job
- Contains an air gap switch that can be operated by pressing the top of the push pad until the bottom completely lifts out of the frame to conveniently turn the LEDs off and disconnect power to the switch
- Provides power failure memory, so if the power is interrupted, the dimmer will set back to its last setting when the power returns
- Provides transient surge protection to IEC Level 4 to prevent memory loss or damage from static discharges or surges
- Integrated into each dimmer is a RFI filter to remove interference from radio, audio and video equipment
- Compatible with Decora Plus™ screwless snap-on wall plates
- Complements Vizia RF+™ lighting controls and switches
- Designed to provide crisp actuation with minimal travel
- 5-year limited warranty from Leviton to be free from defects and workmanship
- Created and designed by an ISO 9001 registered quality manufacturer
How to use them
- The Vizia 400W dimmers are very easy to operate. Just tap ON from the OFF position on the push bar and the lights will go on to a preset level. If you press and hold, the lights will turn on to a full bright position
- To brighten, just press on the right half of the brightness bar to any desired level to raise the light intensity
- To dim, just press the left side of the brightness bar and if you hold for 10 seconds, the lights will dim for a minimum level and then turn off
- Dimmers have a return to neutral push pad so all your Vizia controls are lined up evenly for an attractive appearance on the wall
- When you touch the push pad, the lights will turn on to the last brightness setting used
- The turn on brightness level can be reset anytime even when the switch is turned off
|Load Type:||Low voltage electronic|
|Power Requirements:||120VAC, 60Hz|
|Light:||LED locator and brightness display|
|Temperature Range:||32°F - 131°F (0°C - 55°C)|
- Vizia +™ dimmers must be used with compatible Vizia remotes for multi location dimming. Standard 3-way or 4-way switches are not compatible with these dimmers.
- You can mix Vizia and Vizia RF devices in multi-way circuits but only RF devices will send Z-Wave® commands that are radio frequency commands.
- These dimmers use Decora or Decora Plus™ screwless wall plates, sold separately
Notes for a Safe installation
- Always install electrical equipment following the electrical codes and regulations for your geographic area.
- Always disconnect power at the circuit breaker or fuse box before installing any electrical device including dimmers
- Only use with low voltage electronic transformers to avoid any damage or overheating of your appliances.
- Recommended wall box depth is 2.5" for insertion of the dimmer
- There is a maximum of 5 LED dimmers that can be installed in one circuit.
- It is normal for dimmers to feel warm during operation
- Electronic low voltage (ELV) dimmers provide 5 wire leads for line, load, and neutral, ground and remote
- For a high performance use only copper or copper clad wire when installing your Vizia dimmer and a neutral wire is required for all installations. Further details on installation can be found in the Installation manual that is included with each dimmer control
Maximum Load Per Dimmer For Multi Device Applications: If you are installing in a multi device application in one junction box, the reduction of the dimmer's wattage capacity will be necessary.
For installations the maximum load should be followed:
- Single load maximum is 400Watts (W)
- Two-device incandescent maximum is 350W
- More than 2 device incandescent maximum is 250W
With the LE-VPE04 400W dimmer, you can reset its overload protection after it automatically shuts off when the dimmer capacity is exceeded.
- 5 Bright Ideas for Updating Your Home Lighting
- The History of Leviton
- Energy Saving Tips for Businesses
- Harold Leviton: Electrical Industry Innovator and Icon
- 5 Things That Home Design Shows Don't Always Tell You
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030