What's special about these connectors?
- Designed to be used with any of Leviton’s QuickPort® housings in surface/flush mount outlets, patch panels, and blocks
- Dual colored wire labels provide guidelines for termination in both TIA/EIA 568A and B specifications
- Available in 13 different colors for color-coding your data and voice applications or matching design requirements
- Constructed of strong, high impact, UL94 V-0 rated plastic for added reliability during punchdown and day to day use
- Click for More Features
Leviton's QuickPort® Category 5e Gigamax™ Snap-In Connectors are ideal for use in high bandwidth or shared sheath applications, as well as high traffic networks. The 8 position 8 conductor connectors meet both T568A and T568B requirements, providing 2 complete wiring schemes all in one connector.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||COLORS||PRICE / EACH|
|LE-5G108||Leviton QuickPort Cat5e Snap-In Connector||Brown, Black, Gray, Ivory, Blue, Orange, Purple, Green, White, Yellow, Crimson, Red, Light Almond|
The following discounts will be reflected in the shopping cart when the proper quantity is entered.
|Quantity Purchased||Price Break / each|
Select from the below list of available options to see it on the left.
NOTE: Due to differences in monitor settings, the examples show may vary slightly from the actual product.
NOTE: Not all options may be represented.
- One-piece design, so there are no additional or easily lost parts or pieces
- Includes unique pair separation towers to allow for easier, less complicated terminations
- Wire contacts are made of high quality phosphor bronze and plated with 50 micro-inches of gold over 100 micro-inches of nickel for a long-lasting, dependable connection
- Rear termination is eased by having a 180° configuration, with the punch field in the back
- Connectors meet or exceed the requirements for channel level performance of Cat5e applications with 1000 Base T performance
- Compliant with NEC Article 800 andFCC Part 68
- 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Use a wire stripper to remove about 2" of cable jacket
- Select your desired wiring scheme (T568A or T568B), note the associated color codes on the label located on the sides of the connector. This label also indicates connector pin numbers for ease of use.
- Route the wires to their respective slots and terminate one pair at a time starting from rear of connector.
TIP: Terminating each pair after placement will prevent crushing the inside pairs with the punchdown tool. Lay cable in so that jacket touches rear of connector.
- Using a 110 style punchdown tool, seat the wires into the IDC slots. Maintain wire pair twisting to within 1/2" of the contacts. Use the cutting side of the tool to trim the excess wire flush with the connector body.
- Place the dust cap over the terminated wires for secure connection and added strain relief.
- Insert connector assembly into platform or wallplate, be sure the connector is in the "UP" position.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- What's the Difference Between T568A and T568B?
- The Growth and Increased Need for Residential Network Installations
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- What Is The Difference Between Cat 5, Cat 5e, and Cat 6 Cable?
HOW-TO CORNER -
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030