Articles on Server Racks
From ventilation needs and seismic ratings to cable management and rack mount spacing, there's a lot to learn about server racks and enclosures. Our collection of server rack-related articles is here to provide information that will help you decide which type of rack or enclosure is right for your server room, how to properly rack mount computer equipment, and why it's so important to keep patch cords organized.
- NEMA Rating? Seismic Rating? What Does it All Mean?
- 10 Tips for Rack System Installation
- Details to Remember When Ordering a Cabinet
- Open Racks versus Cabinets
- 5 Things to Consider When Purchasing a Rack System
- What I Need to Know About Racks
- Thermal Management Best Practices - How to Calculate Ventilation Required to Provide an Interior Rack Temperature of 85°F
- Racks & Enclosures Features & Benefits by Middle Atlantic
- Cable Management by Middle Atlantic
- Integrating Electronic Equipment and Power Into Rack Enclosures (PDF)
- What is a "U" or Rack Unit?
- Open Frame Wall Mount Rack Breakdown
- Open Frame Racks: Two-Post vs. Four-Post Racks
- Optimize Your Space with the Great Lakes WE Server Side Wall Mount
- Cooling Off with Thermal Enclosures
- Smart and Easy Rack Cable Management with Neat Patch
- Comparing NEMA and IP Enclosure Ratings
- Standard Sheet Metal Gauges
- How to Fireproof Your Server Room
- The Do-it-Yourselfer's Guide to Setting Up a Server Room on a Budget
- How to Prepare for Your Rack System Installation
- The Top 5 Best Practices for Data Center Personnel
- NEMA Ratings: What They Mean, and Why They Matter
- What's the Deal with Wire Duct?
- Wall Mount Enclosures and When to Use Them
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we're missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!