Articles on Electrical Safety
Indoors, outdoors, at home, at work … it's hard to name a place where electricity doesn't make our lives easier – or put us at risk. While we're used to it providing us with the ultimate in convenience, electrical power is a force to be respectful and wary of. From extension cords and power tools to wall outlets and the electrical wiring in older homes, we'll clue you in on where to look for danger, teach you how to prevent it, and show you just how far a few electrical safety precautions can go.
- 10 Easy Ways to Prevent Home Electrical Hazards
- Know the Dangers in Your Older Home, from The Electrical Safety Foundation International
- Home Safety Checklist
- UL Listing
- How to Identify a Counterfeit UL Mark
- How to Start an Arc Flash Prevention Program
- Energy Conservation Made Easy
- Extension Cord Safety Tips
- Don't Just Do It ... Conduit
- Holiday Safety Tips: Preventing Fire and Electrical Hazards from Lights, Electric Decorations and Christmas Trees
- My Circuit Breakers Keep Tripping, Why is This Happening?
- How to Find a Reputable Licensed Electrical Contractor
- What is Arc Flash?
- How to Take Care of Arc Flash Clothing and PPE
- What are Arc Hazard Categories?
- How to Choose the Right Solar Charger for Your Mobile Devices
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we're missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!