Tips and Advice on K-Sun Labelshop Printers
- About K-Sun Labelshop Printers
- New Label Maker Software
- K-Sun Handheld Label Printers
- How Labeling Software Can Help your Business
- The Many Uses of Label Printing Software
- The Importance of Medical Labels
- About K-Sun Labelshop Labeling Tape
- Label Maker Software
- Know Your Label Printing Software Terminology
- About K-Sun Labelshop Tapes
About K-Sun Labelshop Printers
K-Sun Labelshop label printers let you create your own custom adhesive-backed labels on the job. It creates labels for all your storage and inventory marking, signs and warnings, equipment and tool ID, as well as hundreds of other applications in the plant, hospital, warehouse, office, lab or field.
They cost between $250 and $500, depending on how many features you want your printer to have. For example, a less expensive one will simply design and print adhesive-backed labels. A more advanced machine will include the "PeelGuard Label Trimmer" option, a built-in device that trims labels to a rounded corner format, virtually eliminating the corner lifting and peeling headache often experienced with standard square edged labels.
A K-Sun Labelshop printer will allow you to label: wires, cords, cables, hoses, tubes, conduit, mechanical equipment, panels, appliances and hardware.
New Label Maker Software
K-Sun introduced MaxiLabel Pro Software for two new label printer models in their LABELShop product line:
MaxiLabel Pro Software is WHQL Certified to work in the Windows platform, a feature many small label printer drivers don't offer. This extremely easy to use software allows more label printing flexibility.
MaxiLabel Pro Software gives the two new LABELShop printers true PC compatibility. Import logos, graphics, symbols and create customized labels in only minutes. Print labels created in other applications such as Word or Excel. Once the label is created, store it in the printer's memory. Recall and print later in another location.
Both models are stand alone and PC compatible. One provides all forms of standard labeling, the other model adds heat shrink tube and wire wrap labeling to its capabilities.
Applications include part identification, safety /security and standard labeling for:
- Industrial Plants and Facility Maintenance
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Laboratories and Hospitals
- Warehousing and Storage
- Government and Military
- Automotive and Aerospace
- Marine and Hostile Environments
- General Office
K-Sun Handheld Label Printers
If it's a K-Sun handheld label printer you are looking for, here is a listing of the company's handheld machines.
K-Sun LABELlab Machines: a six machine family that satisfies all labeling needs. All LABELlab machines use the same tapes.
- LABELlab 1660Ki-PC: industrial, telecom and datacom template labeling machine with AUTOLOAD feature.
- LABELlab 1640Ki: industrial, telecom and datacom template labeling machine.
- LABELlab 9600Ki: label versatility, flexibility, PC or MAC based labeling machine.
- LABELlab 1440Ki: hand-held, portable, and industrial symbols labeling machine.
- LABELlab MINI: portable, hand-held labeling machine
- LABELlab 9500Ki-PC: stand-alone PC or MAC based labeling system.
They range in price from $99 to $800 and also come with accessories like a carrying case, an AC power adapter and a cleaning kit for an added price.
How Labeling Software Can Help your Business
Labeling software, such as Maxisoft, can make creating safety signs, pipe markers, Right-To-Know chemical labels, and product safety labels a cinch. According to K-Sun, a reputable line of labeling systems, using labeling software at your company is beneficial for three reasons:
- You will avoid the hassles of ordering standardized pre-printed items from catalogs, sign shops and printers.
- Hazard identification and down-time costs are reduced.
- Valuable time is saved. No longer are hazardous situations, areas, or sites left unmarked and open to accidents.
The Many Uses of Label Printing Software
Label printing software has put the power of organization into users' hands. Instead of trekking to the local print shop or paying a company for labels, users of label printing software can print out labels and organize a plethora of items right in the comfort of their own homes.
Here are some popular reasons people buy label printing software for use in the home:
- CD and DVD labels
- Address labels for invitations, Christmas cards, etc...
- Business card labels
- File labels for a home office
- Barcode labels on stickers to create a sorting method for items
- Storage labeling
The Importance of Medical Labels
The Institute of Medicine published a report on medical error and patient safety in America that produced some alarming results. It showed the prevalence of medical errors. And because of that, many in the medical field are working hard to improve medical labeling.
Experts say medical labels and bar code labels need to be accurate to access specimens, track their progress throughout the laboratory, report results, and file and retrieve slides and reports. The system can be as simple or as sophisticated as the medical institution's needs require.
Medical labels can be upgraded by replacing the hand-written labeling with printed labels, using a newer barcode label design and introducing barcoding in a system or laboratory that does not currently have it.
The American Society of Cytopathology has proposed to "Encourage the use of barcoding and medical labels from the time of patient registration to receipt of specimen in the laboratory." It is hoped that this recommendation will reduce medical error and improve quality, and is a direct response to the Institute of Medicine's findings.
About K-Sun Labelshop Labeling Tape
K-Sun LabelShop polyester labeling tape is a highly versatile marking solution for wires, cables, conduits, cords and equipment, and comes in a variety of sizes and colors to make color-coding and identification quick and easy. It can also be used in combination with the Laminate Marking System.
The labeling tape is applied to the Laminate Marker then secured to the wire or cable with cable ties. Laminate markers are highly versatile and dependable. They can be used to mark cables, wires, panels, instruments and machines by means of any non-paper label.
Label Maker Software
Label making software should be very easy to use, even for kids and those with very basic computer knowledge. Some of the programs including PrintShop and DesignPro Deluxe create more than just labels. You can create business cards, letterhead, stickers, magnets, brochures and more.
When purchasing label maker software, you might find the following criteria TopTenREVIEWS, a Web site that reviews software and keeps up with industry news, uses to evaluate label making software a helpful tool.
- Product features - The software should offer substantial features that help with label making including design templates, track list manager, the ability to import photos and photo editing tools.
- Design tools - the software should offer substantial features that help with label making including design templates, track list manager, the ability to import photos and photo editing tools.
- Labels - the software should include media labels for CDs, DVDs, jewel cases and VHS. Many programs include mailing labels, name tags, jar and bottle labels and more.
- Ease of use - label making software should offer user-friendly instructions so even a computer novice or children would be able to create labels with ease.
- Help/support - the developer should offer sufficient customer support, including a FAQ page, email and phone support to address any questions customers may have.
Know Your Label Printing Software Terminology
If you're in the market for label maker and label printing software, you'll want to be well versed in the terminology of the product. Here is some definitions you should be familiar with before you buy, courtesy of TopTenREVIEWS.com, an industry Web site:
- PRODUCT features:
Background - this feature allows you to choose from many different background choices.
Clipart - ready-made pieces of printed or computerized graphic art, such as illustrations, borders, and backgrounds that can be electronically copied and used to decorate labels.
Templates - a working guide which is editable to the users specifications.
Track List Manger - this feature will automatically track the information on the CD and copy the track titles, so you don't need to add them by hand. With a click of a few buttons, all of your song information (artist, album, title) is imported directly into your project.
Import Images - this feature allows you to transfer one image or photo file to another program or file.
Photo Editing Tools - this feature will allow you to edit your photos with basic tools including red eye reduction, changing the brightness and contrast and image effects.
- DESIGN tools:
Resize Labels - this feature will allow you to change the sizes of the labels to fit your CD, DVD and so forth.
Shrink to Fit - this feature will make your design smaller to fit the label.
Color Blends - this feature will let you combine colors to get different shades of color. The top products include a feature where you can pick the exact color of an element from the design.
Font Choices - you can choose many different text choices to give your label a different look.
Basic Editing - this feature gives you a variety of different editing tools including crop, contrast, line style, rotate, brightness and color.
About K-Sun Labelshop Tapes
K-Sun LABELShop® is a line of portable and PC compatible industrial heat shrink tube and general custom labeling systems. K-Sun LABELShop® label printers lets you create your own custom adhesive-backed labels on the job for all your storage and inventory marking, signs and warnings, equipment and tool ID, as well as hundreds of other applications in the plant, hospital, warehouse, office, lab or field.
The LABELShop® tapes are all printed with resin thermal transfer ribbon. This makes your text resistant to UV, scratching, fading, smearing and chemicals. These labels are made from the most durable, flexible materials and are coated to make them last longer.Return to Top