KWIKPATH™ Plenum Optical Fiber & Communication Raceways
This is the ideal raceway for running optical fiber cables and plenum rated communication cables through plenums or other spaces where heat and smoke resistance is required. These heat and smoke resistant properties make it ideal for any space used for environmental air. This plenum raceway also has sequential markers every foot to make measuring just the right amount even easier.
- Packaged in reels for large projects or easy-to-use 200 foot coils to dispense only the amount of plenum raceway needed
- Lower installation costs in retrofits by eliminating the need to remove existing cabling
- Made from a UL approved non-metallic PVC compound that meets UL 2024 tests on flame propagation and smoke density far below standard requirements
- Bright orange in color, this plenum raceway is easily identifiable to the installer and comes with sequential markers every foot
- Available in lengths from 200 to 5000 feet so you can measure just the right amount of raceway for your project and use fewer couplings
- Available in 3/4" to 2" sizes in convenient 200 foot pull tape boxes or reels for jobs greater than 200 feet in length
- Reels for large jobs are disposable so you don’t have to store them or return them
- No special tools required for installation
- Kwikpath can be cut to size with a regular utility knife or scissor style utility knife
- So flexible you can bend it by hand to get around twists and turns in areas where space is limited saving time and material costs
- Plenum fittings are a simple snap on style with six locking tabs to make sure the fittings stay connected eliminating the need for cement or screws to hold the coils or couplings together
- UV Packaging to protect your raceway product until installed
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
KWIKPATH Plenum couplings, terminal adapters complete with lockout nut and the Y Coupler are made from non metallic plenum approved material meeting all UL requirements to secure your systems ‘ plenum rated integrity.
- Plenum couplings and terminal adapters are available in 3/4" to 2” sizes
- Plenum couplings are used to join two pieces of raceway together with a clean snap on design
- Plenum terminal adapters will terminate your raceway neatly without messy taped or cemented ends
Seal End Plugs
Seal end plugs are used to seal the ends of the raceway when not being used to prevent water from entering the raceway until future retrofit installations are required. (Sold as accessory)
Conduit Clamps and Spacers
Easier to install than straps, these cost effective conduit clamps to support PVC plenum conduit away from the mounting surface provide durability, strength and flexibility to your raceway system. (Sold as accessory)
Inside and Outside Diameters - Kwikpath Plenum Internal and External Dimensions
Dimensional specifications are applied to nonmetallic conduit in order that they may fulfill their function of housing cabling without causing abrasion when cables are pulled through the inside of the conduit. Wall thickness is specified so that the conduit adequately protects the conductors inside from damage. Fittings are to be provided with end stops (centering stop for a coupling). The maximum inside diameter of the stop cannot exceed the minimum outside diameter of the conduit.
|Trade Size of Conduit (in.)||Inside Diam. Min||Inside Diam. Max||Outside Diam. Min||Outside Diam. Max|
|21 (3/4")||0.774" (19.66mm)||0.834" (21.18mm)||1.021" (25.91mm)||1.061" (26.92mm)|
|27 (1")||1.000" (26.90mm)||1.060" (26.90mm)||1.286" (32.64mm)||1.326" (33.65mm)|
|35 (1 1/4")||1.329" (33.73mm)||1.393" (35.36mm)||1.630" (41.35mm)||1.673" (42.47mm)|
|41 (1 1/2")||1.559" (39.57mm)||1.623" (41.20mm)||1.869" (47.45mm)||1.913" (48.56mm)|
|53 (2")||2.016" (51.18mm)||2.081" (52.81mm)||2.324" (59.00mm)||2.388" (60.63mm)|
Test Standards Used
The test standards used for testing the physical properties of optical fiber and communication cable raceway for the United States and Canada.
|Heat Shock||UL2024||ULC/ORD C2024|
|Cold Bend||UL2024||ULC/ORD C2024
|Fitting Pull-Out||UL1653 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing||CSA C22.1 No. 227.1
Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing
Radius of Bends
Any bends must be made so that the optical fiber and communication cable raceway will not be damaged and the internal diameter of the optical fiber and communication cable raceway will not be effectively reduced. Bends can be made manually without auxiliary equipment. However, the radius of the curve to the centerline of such bends shall not be less than shown in the following table
|Conduit Size||Radius of Bends|
|3/4" (21mm)||5" (127mm)|
|1" (27mm)||6" (152.4mm)|
|1 1/4" (35mm)||8" (203.2mm)|
|1 1/2" (41mm)||10" (254mm)|
|2" (53mm)||12" (304.8mm)|
Plenum - The Steiner tunnel test
|Maximum flame propagation distance||5 FT||1.5 m|
|Peak Optical Density||0.50 or less||0.50 or less|
|Average Optical Density||0.15 or less||0.15 or less|
KWIKPATH™ MEETS ALL BUILDING REGULATIONS
Eliminate all building compliance concerns and pass inspection knowing every part of your fittings and raceway system 100% meets all UL, NEC, NFPA, and EIA/TIA requirements.
EIA/TIA – Meets all commercial building telecommunications cable protection and performance codes.
NEC 2005 (National Electric Code) governs the removal of abandoned cables in air handling spaces, Kwikpath is in compliance with articles 770 and 800 with its convenient way to remove and replace cable through the Kwikpath raceway.
NFPA - (National Fire protection Association) meets all cable management requirements for air plenums, ducts and other environmental air spaces.
UL2024 PLENUM – certified to meet UL2024 for flame propagation (Flame spread-maximum 5 feet and smoke density (Peak Smoke Density < .5 and average smoke density < .15)
PLEASE NOTE: These products ship in 1 Week
There is a 25% restock fee for returns
|Plenum Raceway - Coil with Pull Tape|
|KP-P075TC||3/4"||200'||23" x 11" x 23"||12.8 lbs|
|KP-P100TC||1"||200'||31" x 8.75" x 31"||21.5 lbs|
|KP-V125TC||1-1/4"||200'||31.5" x 14" x 31.5"||22.7 lbs|
|KP-P150TC||1-1/2"||200'||32.5" x 16" x 32"||27 lbs|
|KP-V200TC||2"||200'||40" x 8" x 40"||34 lbs|
|Plenum Raceway - Reel with Pull Tape|
|KP-P075TR||3/4"||1000'||30" x 32"||134 lbs|
|KP-V100TR||1"||1000'||30" x 32"||147 lbs|
|KP-P100TR48||1"||2500'||48" x 40"||223.6 lbs|
|KP-P100TR72||1"||5000'||72" x 44"||447 lbs|
|KP-P125TR||1-1/4"||1000'||30" x 32"||153 lbs|
|KP-P125TR72||1-1/4"||4000'||72" x 44"||430.3 lbs|
|KP-P150TR||1-1/2"||750'||30" x 32"||140.7 lbs|
|KP-P200TR||2"||500'||30" x 32"||124.5 lbs|
|KP-PC075||3/4"||100 per pack||5.3 lbs|
|KP-PC100||1"||50 per pack||3.8 lbs|
|KP-PC125||1-1/4"||30 per pack||4.2 lbs|
|KP-PC150||1-1/2"||30 per pack||4.6 lbs|
|KP-PC200||2"||20 per pack||3.5 lbs|
Plenum Terminal Adapter C/W Lockout
|KP-TA075||3/4"||100 per pack||4.4 lbs|
|KP-TA100||1"||50 per pack||3 lbs|
|KP-TA125||1-1/4"||30 per pack||3 lbs|
|KP-TA150||1-1/2"||30 per pack||3.3 lbs|
|KP-TA200||2"||20 per pack||2.6 lbs|
|KP-PY075-200||3/4" - 2"||10|
- Kwikpath Technical Guide (PDF)
- Kwikpath Brochure (PDF)
- View Y-Coupler Specs and Installation Info (PDF)
- View Clamps & Spacers Specs (PDF)
Installing Kwikpath is Easy
1. UNROLL KWIKPATH TO DESIRED LENGTH
Available in convenient coil lengths of 200 ft. and reel lengths up to 1000 ft., Kwikpath gives you the flexibility to measure out end-to-end home-run systems with fewer couplings. Convenient lightweight coil lengths are easy to handle and disposable reels ensure you don’t have to store and return large steel reels.
2. CUT KWIKPATH WITH AN IPEX CUTTER
For straight cuts every time, use our scissor-style cutting tool. However, no special tools or cutting equipment are required.You can even cut Kwikpath with a regular utility knife.
3. MAKE BENDS AND TURNS BY HAND
Kwikpath is so lightweight and flexible you can bend, turn and manipulate it by hand to install it easily around irregular curves and in tight spaces.This flexibility allows you to get the job done right the first time, reducing wasted material and time.
4. SIMPLY SNAP CONNECTIONS TOGETHER
Kwikpath’s unique snap-on fittings make terminating or coupling quick and easy, and six locking tabs ensure the fittings stay connected. No messy cementing or screws to tighten.
5. PULL CABLE THROUGH KWIKPATH
Kwikpath’s interior corrugated surface reduces pull-forces and friction, so pulling wires through the tubing is considerably easier than through metal tubing. And you can pull cables through longer raceways without worrying about damage to the cables.