What's special about these insulated wire strippers/cutters?
- Thick, exceptionally tough, high-dielectric white inner insulation is bonded to the handle to help protect from accidental shock of up to 1,000 volts
- Integral guards help prevent slipping and contact with conductive parts
- Easy to read gauge markings on both sides makes it quick and easy to strip wire, especially in tight conditions
- Insulating orange outer coating is flame-retardant and impact-resistant, making these tools perfect for many different environments
- Click for More Features
Made of hardened steel for years of use, these wire strippers/cutters by Klein tools have insulated handles that can help save you from electrical shocks of up to 1,000 volts, and are compact and lightweight enough to fit in your pocket for easy job-to-job transport.
|Part #||Description||Cuts / Strips||Overall Length||Weight||Price|
|KT-11045-INS||Insulated Wire Stripper/Cutter for 10-18 AWG||10-18 AWG solid||6"||0.70 lb|
|KT-11049-INS||Insulated Wire Stripper/Cutter for 8-16 AWG||8-16 AWG stranded||7"||0.70 lb|
* Only use tools that are marked with the official international 1000-volt rating symbol if there is any chance that the tool will make contact with an energized source.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Always inspect your tools before use. Do not use if orange coating cracks, breaks, or becomes damaged. Destroy tool if white layer shows through orange layer. Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on them. These tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch un-insulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Do NOT use to pry or chisel.
- Spring-loaded to reduce hand fatigue from repetitive use
- Compact and lightweight; fits easily into a shirt pocket or tool bag
- Narrow nose fits into tight places to grab wires, screws or other items
- Made of hardened steel to provide years of service
- Meets or exceeds the ASTM F1505-01 and IEC 60900:2004 standards, complies with NFPA-70E (2004 edition), and is clearly marked with the official 1000-volt rating symbol
|Wire Size||10 to 18 AWG||8 to 16 AWG|
|Wire type||Solid Wire||Stranded Wire|
|Weight||0.70 lb||0.70 lb|
|Length||6" (152mm)||7" (178mm)|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
- Tool Box Roundup: How to Find the Right One for You
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts