What's special about this insulated knife?
- Insulated wire-skinning knife is perfect for preparing cable for splicing or termination around an energized source
- Heavy duty 3" serrated steel blade provides maximum sharpness and durability
- Scraping notch on the top of the blade is optimal for removing wire insulation and contaminants, such as cable-pulling compounds and dirt
- Double-dipped rubber insulation is rated up to 1000 volts for user protection
- Click for More Features
Protect yourself from electrical shock with any of Klein Tools' Insulated tools and kits. This insulated skinning knife provides you with a serrated blade for saw-action cutting and wire stripping.
|PART#||BLADE LENGTH||OVERALL LENGTH||PRICE|
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Always inspect your tools before use. Do not use if orange coating cracks, breaks, or becomes damaged. Destroy tool if white layer shows through orange layer. Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on them. These tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Do NOT use to pry or chisel.
- The blade withstands frequent scoring of thick, multi-sheathed cables
- Large finger guard protects your hands in case of slippage
- Stainless steel, corrosion-resistant hanging ring is securely molded into the handle for storing the knife, but won't jeopardize safety (no metal-to-metal contact)
- Features an exclusive, rectangular-shaped handle design that can be attached to some utility hot-stick equipment
- Meets/Exceeds ASTM F1505-01 and IEC 60900:2004
- Compliant with NFPA-70E
|PART#||BLADE LENGTH||OVERALL LENGTH||HANDLE COLOR||HANDLE FINISH||WEIGHT||PRICE|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
- History of Klein Tools
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- Different Types of Pliers and What They're Used For
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030