What's special about this Side-Cutting Plier?
- High-leverage design equips you with 46% more cutting and gripping power than standard pliers
- Two layers of insulation lower your risk of injury if pliers come in contact with an electrified source (up to 1000V)
- Rugged cross-hatched knurled jaws grip tight to prevent slippage
- Tough heat-treated cutting knives stay sharp
- Clearly marked with international 1000V rating symbol, for easy ID
- Comfortable handles reduce hand fatigue and provide a solid grip
|Part #||Description||Jaw Length||Jaw Thickness||Jaw Width||Knife Length||Nose Type||Overall Length||Price|
|KT-D213-9NE-INS||9" Insulated high-leverage side cutting plier||1-19/32"||5/8"||1-5/16"||25/32"||New England||9-5/8"|
|KT-D2000-9NE-INS||9" 2000 Series® high-leverage side-cutting pliers||1-19/32"||5/8"||1-5/16"||25/32"||New England||9-5/8"|
|KT-D213-9NE-CR-INS||9" Insulated high-leverage side cutting plier - connector crimping||1-19/32"||5/8"||1-5/16"||25/32"||New England||9-5/8"|
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Individually tested to exceed standards.
- High-leverage design provides 46% greater cutting and gripping power than other plier designs.
- Streamlined design with sure-gripping, cross-hatched knurled jaws.
- Custom US-made tool steel.
- Integral guards help prevent hand contact with conductive parts
- Cuts ACSR, screws, nails, and most hardened wire.
- Features combination polished and block-oxide finish.
- Crimping die behind hinge for superior leverage.
|Part #||Jaw Length||Jaw Thickness||Jaw Width||Knife Length||Nose Type||Overall Length||Price|
RELATED ARTICLES -
Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
Cable Quality Counts in Home Theater Systems
Different Types of Pliers and What They're Used For
How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
Must-Have Electrician Tools for On-the Job Safety and Efficency
History of Klein Tools
The new line of insulated tools incorporates all the Klein quality design and construction features that professionals have relied on for over 137 years. The tools combine excellent functionality along with reduction of risk of injury where a tool might make contact with an energized source with voltage up to 1000 volts.
Klein's insulated side-cutting pliers are available in two styles. They are: 1) the standard duty pliers, which have long been recognized for their premium quality design and rugged, precision construction, and 2) the innovative Klein "2000 SERIES" pliers with super-tough cutting knives, specially designed and heat-treated to cut bolts, nails, ACSR, and most hardened wire without damage. The two-layer insulation on all pliers listed results in a 1000-volt rating for the tools' use. They comply with IEC 900 standards for hand tools.
KLEIN High-leverage side-cutting pliers provide 46% more cutting and gripping power than other designs. Crimping version has a die behind the hinge for crimping non-insulated connectors, lugs and terminals. Also features a toothed pipe grip for greater power. Two NE-type side-cutting pliers with special features are available from Klein Tools. Each of the Klein® side-cutting pliers includes its own unique added feature-one for pulling flat fish tape and the other for crimping sleeve connectors. Both side-cutting pliers have smooth, streamlined noses with knurled jaws. Both side cutters feature plastic-dipped handles.
The Klein side cutters have a special groove at the hinge for gripping and pulling flat fish tapes. The design allows for a quick, sure grip and minimizes pulling effort without damaging the fish tape.
The side cutters feature a crimping die at the hinge for quick, easy crimping of sleeve connectors.
Klein side-cutting pliers have long been known for their premium quality, innovative design and rugged, precision construction. The model is Klein Tools' most popular style of standard side-cutting pliers.
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030