What's special about this cutting plier?
- Dual-layer insulation prevents electrical shock and injury when tool comes in contact with up to 1000V of electricity
- Tough inner high-dielectric insulation is firmly bonded to pliers’ handles
- Impact-resistant, flame-retardant outer coating is an eye-catching orange color
- Integral handle guards prevent your hand from coming into contact with the tool’s conductive parts
- Click for More Features
Klein® 2000 Series® line of cutting pliers, that includes both side-cutting pliers and diagonal-cutting pliers, are designed for heavy-duty use in cutting ACSR, screws, nails and most hardened wire.
|Part #||Description||Cutting Knives||Jaw Length||Jaw Thickness||Jaw Width||Overall Length||PRICE|
|KT-D228-8-INS||8" Insulated High-Leverage Diagonal Cutting Pliers||standard||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
|KT-D2000-28-INS||2000 Series - 8"Insulated High-Leverage Diagonal Cutting Pliers||standard||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
|KT-D248-8-INS||8" Insulated High-Leverage Diagonal-Cutting Pliers - Angled Head||standard||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
|KT-D2000-48-INS||2000 Series - 8"Insulated High-Leverage Diagonal-Cutting Pliers - Angled Head||standard||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Always wear approved eye protection. Do not use if orange coating cracks, breaks or becomes damaged. Destroy tool if white layer shows through orange layer.
The innovative 2000 Series features ultra-durable, induction-hardened cutting knives that have been specially designed and heat-treated. They are built to cut a variety of tough materials without damaging the blades. Other Klein features include custom-made U.S. tool steel; a hot-riveted joint to ensure smooth action with no handle wobble; and a combination polished and black oxide finish.
The Klein 2000 Series NE-type side-cutting pliers feature a high-leverage design for 46% greater cutting power than standard side cutters. Their knurled jaws are designed for sure gripping action, and the unique tempering of the handles helps to absorb the "snap" when cutting wire.
The Klein 2000 Series side-cutting models are available with a variety of additional features and handle options. Side-cutting feature options include fish tape pulling, sleeve connector crimping and bolt thread holding. Side-cutting handle options include blue plastic-dipped handles, heavy-duty handles and state-of-the-art Journeyman™ handles. All the models measure 9-1/4" in overall length.
The Klein 2000 Series diagonal-cutting pliers feature a high-leverage design for 36% greater cutting power. Their short jaws with beveled cutting edges allow close cutting of wire. Two models are available: one with and one without a 13-degree angled head for work in confined areas. Measuring 8" in overall length, both models are available with either handform-style handles that are plastic-dipped or state-of-the-art Journeyman™ handles.
All 2000 Series cutting pliers are professional-grade tools. Like all Klein tools, the pliers are known for their premium quality, precision design and rugged construction.
- Individually tested to exceed standards.
- High-leverage design. Rivet is closer to the cutting edge for 36% greater cutting power than other plier designs.
- Custom US-made tool steel.
- Integral guards help prevent hand contact with conductive parts.
- Cuts ACSR, screws, nails, and most hardened wire.
- Features combination polished and block-oxide finish.
- Angled head for easier work in confined spaces.
|Part #||Cutting Knives||Jaw Length||Jaw Thickness||Jaw Width||Overall Length||PRICE|
|KT-D248-8-INS||standard - angled head||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
|KT-D2000-48-INS||standard - angled head||13/16"||7/16"||1-3/16"||8-1/4"||DISCONTINUED|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- Cable Quality Counts in Home Theater Systems
- Different Types of Pliers and What They're Used For
- How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
- History of Klein Tools
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030