Klein Tools Insulated Crimping / Cutter Tool
These tools meet or exceed ASTM F1505-01 and IEC 60900:2004, comply with NFPA-70E, 2004 ed., and are marked clearly with the 1000-volt rating symbol.
Klein Tools has expanded its Journeyman™ premium line of comfort-grip tools with the addition of a crimping/cutting tool (Model #J1005). The newest Journeyman product is designed to crimp insulated and non-insulated 10 to 20 AWG solderless terminals and connectors.
The crimping/cutting tool has easy-to-read tool markings to identify the insulated or non-insulated crimping dies. Its tapered nose design is perfect for working in tight places, and it has a specially hardened cutter in the nose for quick, clean cuts.
Like other Journeyman tools, the crimper/cutter features a state-of-the-art, dual-material handle design, giving the user a better grip without sacrificing tool strength or durability. The ultra-soft, outer-surface handle material combines comfort with a firm grip, while the harder, inner-surface handle material is designed for extra toughness and durability in harsh work environments.
Other features include a hot-riveted joint for smooth action and no handle wobble; a contoured thumb area for additional comfort and a positive feel; and color-coded red handles for quick tool identification. The tool measures 9-3/4" (248 mm) in overall length, and carries a lifetime warranty.
The Journeyman line from Klein offers everything a professional tradesman would expect from a Klein tool, with the addition of the contoured, cushioned handles. The tool feels more comfortable in the hand, and the non-slip handle surface allows for the firmer grip.
In addition to the new crimping/cutting tool, Klein offers fourteen other Journeyman tools: one 10" pump pliers, six 9" side-cutting pliers; four 8" diagonal-cutting pliers; two heavy-duty long-nose pliers; and one high-leverage cable cutter.
Klein Tools is a leading manufacturer of professional hand tools and occupational protective equipment.
Only use tools that are marked with the official international 1000-volt rating symbol if there is any chance that the tool will make contact with an energized source.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||CRIMPS||OVERALL LENGTH||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|KT-1005-INS||Insulated Crimping Cutter||10-22 AWG||9-3/4"||1.05 lb|
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Always inspect your tools before use. Do not use if orange coating cracks, breaks, or becomes damaged. Destroy tool if white layer shows through orange layer. Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on them. These tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Do NOT use to pry or chisel.
No Manuals Available
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- Cable Quality Counts in Home Theater Systems
- How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
- History of Klein Tools