What's special about this cutting tool?
- Two layer high dielectric and flame retardant dipped handle protects the cable cutter and installer from an electrical shock should it ever come in contact with an energized source
- High leverage design allows for precision cuts with easy one hand operation
- Beveled jaw tip has a cable gripping shear to keep the cable from slipping while being cut
- Click for More Features
Klein Tool's insulated high-leverage cable cutter is individually tested to exceed most safety standards. It features a special, high-leverage design for exceptional cutting capability, cable-gripping shear-type jaws, and precision, one-hand shearing action. This cutting tool is compact and perfect for working in areas where space is limited.
|Part #||Description||Crimp/Cutter Capability||Overall Length||Weight||Price|
|KT-63050-INS||High Leverage Insulated Cable Cutter||4/0 aluminum, 2/0 soft copper, 100-pair 24 AWG wire||9-5/8"||1.4 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
- Always wear approved eye protection.
- Always inspect your tools before use. Do not use if orange coating cracks, breaks, or becomes damaged. Destroy tool if white layer shows through orange layer. Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on them. These tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Do NOT touch uninsulated portion of the tool or any conductive object when either might contact an energized source.
- Whenever possible, always de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them. Klein insulated tools are designed only to reduce the chance of injury where the tool may make contact with an energized source.
- Because moisture, films, or other surface contaminants are conductive, Klein insulated tools must be kept clean, dry, and free of any surface contaminants.
- Do NOT use to pry or chisel.
- Compact body is ideal for use in confined working spaces
- Hot riveted joints for smooth action and no handle wobbling
- Cutting knives are fabricated using an induction hardening process for a longer lifespan
- Shorter tip allows for close cutting of wire and cable
- Plastic dipped handles provide comfort and secure grip
- Brightly colored handles standout in your tool box or tool bag for easy identification as an insulated tool
- Ideal for use in cutting:
- Soft copper
- 100 pair 24 AWG Communications Wire
These tools meet or exceed ASTM F1505-01 and IEC 60900:2004, comply with NFPA-70E, 2004 ed., and are marked clearly with the 1000-volt rating symbol.
* Only use tools that are marked with the official international 1000-volt rating symbol if there is any chance that the tool will make contact with an energized source.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- How to Safely Use & Care for Klein Insulated Tools
- Tool Box Roundup: How to Find the Right One for You
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030