What's special about it?
- Drop-forged and polished tempered-steel head is strong, hard, and stands up to impact
- High-strength fiberglass shaft keeps hammer's head on tight, and absorbs shock to protect your hands and wrists
- Plastic-alloy coating protects neck from fraying and splintering under force
- Comfortable to use, with a perforated neoprene grip bonded to handle
The heavy-duty curved-claw hammer gives maximum nail-pulling leverage. Polished drop-forged, tempered-steel head. High-strength fiberglass shaft keeps head tight. Durable plastic-alloy jacket protects neck from fraying and splintering. Comfortable, perforated neoprene grip bonded to handle.
|Part #||Overall Length||Weight||Handle Color||Price|
|KT-818-16||13 " (330 mm)||1.65 lbs||Black||DISCONTINUED|
- Polished, drop-forged, tempered-steel head.
- High-strength fiberglass shaft absorbs shock and keeps head tight.
- Durable plastic-alloy jacketing protects neck from fraying and splintering.
- Comfortable, perforated neoprene grip bonded to handle.
- Curved claw gives maximum nail-pulling leverage.
|Part #||Head Material||Handle Material||Handle Color||Overall Length||Weight||Price|
|KT-818-16||Forged Tempered-Steel||Perforated Neoprene||Black||13"||1.65 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
Always wear approved eye protection.
NOT insulated. Will NOT protect against electrical shock.
Improper use of hammers can cause injury. use of damaged hammers can cause injury.
Basic rules for proper use of Klein hammers:
Strike square blows only. Avoid glancing blows.
Be sure striking face of hammer is at least 3/8" larger than tools to be struck(chisels, punches, wedges, etc...). Face should be slightly crowned with edges beveled
Never use one hammer to strike another hammer
Always use a hammer of the right size and weight for the job
Never strike with the side or "cheek" of a hammer
Never use a hammer with a loose or damaged handle
Discard any hammer having chips, cracks, dents, mushrooming, or excessive wear. Replace the hammer. DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR A HAMMER.
For more information, please refer to the instructions on the back label of each Klein hammer.
RELATED ARTICLES -
The DIY Dirty Dozen: 12 Tools That Everyone Needs
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Grip
- At Home
- In The Yard
- Minor Projects
Comments about Hammer, Heavy-Duty Curved-Claw, 16 oz. Head:
This is a hammer. Plain and simple. It will do what hammers do, but this one will not have the head break off or get damaged. It is meant for long term use. It is a solid as a hammer can get. Has a great grip and won't let you down. Pulls nails out like a champ.