Kingfisher KI 9600 Series Optical Power Meters
KI 9600 Series pocket-sized optical power meters from Kingfisher International provide datacom technicians with a compact, more affordable solution for testing power and loss on all types of fiber optic systems.
Available in an improved InGaAs or High powered InGaAs detector to provide a single optimal solution for all 600 - 1650 nm applications with a fiber core diameter of up to 200 microns. A conveniently-placed clip allows this pocket fiber meter to easily be stored and carried in your pants pocket, shirt pocket, or tool bag.
- Displays mW, μW, nW, dB, dBm to 0.01 dB resolution, with a separate reference provided so that each λ (wavelength) can be stored as well
- Compatible with a large range of fiber optic systems; calibration ranges from 660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, and 1625 nm (calibration varies depending on model)
- Traceable 2% accuracy for reliable fiber testing every time
- Incredibly tough construction provides moisture resistance, and includes rubber corners and captive dust cap that can survive harsh environments.
- Interchangeable connectors are dust and drop protected, limiting costly replacements and repairs
- New technology InGaAs detector is the preferred meter for providing a single optimized solution for multimode & single mode testing from 800-1650 nm
- Efficient design provides up to 300 hours of use from only 2 AAA alkaline batteries, reducing operating cost significantly over the life of the tester
- Tone detector and Multi-Fiber ID function identifies up to 12 fibers when used in conjunction with KI-9800 light sources
- Display holds measurements for maximum/minimum recording
- Connectors are metal-free to avoid contaminating the connectors in high power systems
- IEC, EMC, ICES, and FCC compliant
- NATA, ILAC-MRA accredited for world recognized traceable calibration
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty and calibration cycle
- SC metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- Operation manual on CD
- NATA (ILAC) traceable calibration certificates
- Soft carry pouch
- FC metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- ST metal-free interchangeable connector adaptor
- LC interchangable connector adapter
- Please call for other available adapters
KI 9600 Series Technical Specifications
|Detector Type||Response λ nm||Damage level dBm||Calibration λ nm||Power Range dBm||Tone & multifiber ID sensitivity dBm||Mid range linearity 1dB||Calibration Accuracy2%||Polarization Sensitivity dB||Total Uncertainty3dB||λ Sensitivity ± 30 nm5 dB|
|InGaAs||600 ~ 1700||+15||660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+5 ~ -60||-40
|800 ~ 1700||+27⁴||850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+24 ~ -40||-20
|800 ~ 1700||+25||850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+15 ~ -50||-30
|Ge||600 ~ 1650||+15||660, 850, 1300, 1310, 1390, 1490, 1550, 1610, 1625||+10 ~ -60||-45
Note 1: Mid range linearity excludes top 3 dB and bottom 10 dB of range.
Note 2: Calibration condition: non coherent light, -35±5 dBm, 23±1°C, ±1 nm, 10±3 nm FWHM, PC ceramic connector, 100μm fiber.
Note 3: Includes contributions due to: varying optical connector types, calibration uncertainty, full temperature, dynamic range and fiber core diameter up to 200μm.
Note 4: H3B can sustain the damage level for 2 minutes.
Note 5: At calibration wavelengths in bold type.
|Battery life||300 hrs|
|Size||4.9"L x 3.2"W x 1.0”D (124 x 81 x 25 mm)|
|Weight||0.33 lb. (0.15 kg) / Shipping 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)|
|Operating / Storage||-15 to 55 °C / -25 to 70 °C|
|Case||Polycarbonate, 2.5 meter drop tested|
|Power||2 alkaline AAA cells. Selectable auto-off, low battery indicator|
|Tone detection||200 ~ 2500 Hz ± 2%|
|Max / min||Recording feature for stability testing|
|Case||MIL PRF 28800F Class 2|
|Power Meter||IEC 61315|
|EMC||IEC 61326: 2002 / EN 61326-1:1997+A1:1998+A2:2001+A3:2003|
|IEC CISPR 11: 2004/ EN 55011:1998+A1:1999|
|IEC CISPR 16-1:1999|
|IEC CISPR 16-2:1999|
|IEC 61000-4-2:2001 / EN 61000-4-2:1995+A1:1998+A2:2001|
|IEC 61000-4-3:2002/ EN 61000-4-3:2002|
|ICES-001: 2006 (Canada)|
|CFR 47 FCC Part 15, Subpart B (Class B) (USA)|
|FCC registration number: 90891|
|KI-9600-GE||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter GE||0.33 lbs|
|KI-9600-INGAAS||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter InGaAs||0.33 lbs|
|KI-9600-H5||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter H5 (InGaAs)||0.33 lbs|
|KI-9600-H3B||Kingfisher 9600 Series Optical Power Meter H3B (InGaAs)||0.33 lbs|
|KI-OPT060||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Blue||0.8 lbs|
|KI-OPT060G||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/E2000 Green||0.8 lbs|
|KI-OPT071||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/LSA,DIN Blue||0.8 lbs|
|KI-OPT080||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC/MU||0.8 lbs|
|KI-OPT081||Connector Adaptor, Ceramic Sleeve, SC /Universal 2.5mm||0.8 lbs|
|KI-OPT082||Connector Adaptor, SMA 905/906||0.8 lbs|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- KI 9600 Comparison Chart (PDF)
- KI 9600 & KI 9800 Manual Guide (PDF)
- KI 9600 & KI 9800 Reference Guide (PDF)
- Kingfisher Warranty (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Fiber Optic Testing
- Fiber Optic Fusion Splicers and How They Work
- Protect Your Fiber Optic Network with Proper Cable Management
- Fiber Optic Tutorials
HOW-TO CORNER -
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!