What's special about this combination smoke alarm?
- Instead of having two units mounted on your wall or ceiling, this 2-in-1 alarm reduces the number of units installed and keeps your home attractive
- Talking alarm issues verbal clues to eliminate any confusion about why it is chirping
- The battery powered unit assures you that even in a power outage the home is protected from smoke and carbon monoxide
- Click for More Features
The Kidde Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide/ Smoke Combo Alarm comes complete with two essential safety features in a single unit. The alarm includes a voice warning system that audibly states "Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery or Smart Hush Activation".
|KD-9000102||Kidde CO/Smoke Combo, Battery Operated|
The voice alarm removes any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. In addition, this alarm is battery operated so even if the power goes out you are protected.
- The test/ reset button allows you to test the alarm circuits and sets off the voice commands so you know your home is safe
- The LED lights will flash for visual inspection and ease of use:
- Green means normal
- Red means alarm condition
- Innovative battery safeguard design ensures that you cannot mount the alarm without installing batteries, another safety feature that assures you once installed, you are protected
- 5 year manufacturer warranty
Kidde offers the first UL-Listed wireless smoke alarms. The Kidde Wireless System includes battery operated and AC powered alarms to fit almost any residential structure. The Kidde Wireless System is easy to install and only involves a few simple steps. The first step is to determine what type of smoke alarms are currently in your home: battery powered, hardwired, or interconnected.
Worldwide, fire causes 20 times more deaths than tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods combined. Having working smoke alarms dramatically increases the chance of survival when a fire occurs. From battery operated to hardwired to interconnected, our smoke alarms will fit a home's specific needs. Our smoke alarms meet or exceed standards set by Underwriters Laboratories, an independent third-party testing agency, as well as guidelines set by the National Fire Protection Association.
|Power Source||3 AA Batteries|
CO: Fuel Cell
|Audio Alarm||85dB at 10ft|
|Temperature Range||40° F to 100° F|
|Humidity Range||5% - 95% relative humidity|
|Size||5.75" diameter x 1.7" depth|
|LED||Red, normal operation|
|Warranty||5 year limited|
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE! FIRE!” The alarm will repeat pattern until smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY.” The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for the first hour. After the first hour the red LED light will flash once every minute accompanied by the chirp sound. The “LOW BATTERY” warning will only sound once every fifteen minutes.
Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH ACTIVATED” and “HUSH CANCELLED” voice announcement.
Peak Level Memory: If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce “CO PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/Reset button is pressed.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- Know the Dangers in Your Older Home, from The Electrical Safety Foundation International
- Home Safety Checklist
- Smoke Alarm Roundup: The Difference Between Ionization and Photoelectric Smoke Detectors
- How to Maintain Smoke Alarms
- Carbon Monoxide Safety Q&A
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Kidde CO/Smoke Combo, Battery Operated:
This alarm i perfect for people who have maximum protection. It has a loud 85 db horn with voice that says FIRE FIRE! Or WARNING, CARBON MONOXIDE! It is wired in to the electrical system and can be interconnected with other units. It also has a 9 volt battery backup. The detector has an ionazation sensor inside which is more sensitive to fast flaming fires and has a electro-chemical co sensor to reduce false co alarms. It is reccomended that you also have photoelectric smoke alarms to detect slow smoldering fires in your home. Overall, this is a great alarm that will protect you for years to come