Ideal® VDV Pro Cable Test Kits
The VDV Pro Test Kit from Ideal provides the functions you need for fast voice, data, and video network testing. This simple and affordable kit performs wiremapping, cable tracing, cable measuring, and hub blink operations. Get accurate results from the darkest IT closet to the brightest outdoor locations, where PASS/FAIL results are clearly displayed on its backlit LCD screen.
- Each remote contains RJ-45, Coax, and RJ-11 jacks for system-wide testing of all connections
- Accurately measures CAT5, CAT5e, and CAT6 cables up to 2100 ft (640 m)
- Wide, backlit LED screen clearly displays results in any lighting
- Simple “pass/fail” results allow you to take quick action to get your cables wired and installed quickly
- Automatically measures cabling as part of initial testing for added convenience and time savings
- Includes alligator clips, coaxial terminators, data cables and voice cables, providing everything you need to start testing immediately
|Cable Types||Cat 3, Cat 4, Cat 5, Cat 5e, Coax, F, RCA|
|Minimum Cable Length||Split Pairs: 3 ft (1 m)
TEST: 4 ft (1.25 m)
|Length Measurement Range||Cat5/5e/6: 2100 ft (640 m)|
|Applied Voltage||Continuous: 100V DC or RMS AC
|Battery Life||Standby: 3.5 years
Tone-Length-Test: 108 hours
Tone-Length-Test w/ Backlight: 27 hours
Hub Blink: 54 hours
Hub Blink w/ Backlight: 20 hours
|Operating Temperature||30° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)|
|Storage Temperature||14° to 140° F (-10° to 60° C)|
|Humidity||10% to 90%, non-condensing|
|Dimensions||5.2" H x 2.9" W x 1.6" D
(13.2 x 7.3 x 4.1 cm)
|Weight||8.5 oz (242 g)|
|ID-33-770||VDV Pro Cable Tester with (1) Remote and Terminator||5.2" x 2.9" x 1.6"
[13,2 x 7,3 x 4,1 cm]
|ID-33-771||VDV Pro Cable Tester with (8) Remotes and Teminators||5.2" x 2.9" x 1.6"
[13,2 x 7,3 x 4,1 cm]
|ID-33-775||(8) Coax Terminator Kit|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- LAN, Telephone, Audio System Installations Require a Label Printer
- The Do-it-Yourselfer's Guide to Setting Up a Server Room on a Budget
- The History of Ideal Industries
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Remotely Test RJ45 Terminated Cables
- How to Terminate with an RJ45 Connector
- How to Test an RJ45 Connection
- How to Wire a Keystone Jack
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!