What's special about these cheap 6:1 heat shrink tubing?
Whether trying to add an extra degree of protection or a decorative finish to delicate cables, or adding a decorative finish, heat shrink tubing is the solution. This affordable 6:1 heat shrink tubing is an excellent way to add strain relief and abrasion protection to exposed conductors, or terminate braided sleeving on molded cables.
|PART #||PRE-SHRINK ID||RECOVERED ID||CUT LENGTH||COLOR||WEIGHT||PRICE|
- 120° C minimum shrink temperature provides easy on-site application with a heat gun or portable torch
- UV-resistant black finish provides extended outdoor life, and helps prevent early degradation of protected cables or connectors
- Excellent mechanical properties include a high level of electrical insulation, ideal for joining or splicing bare copper wires
- Available in several diameters for use in a wide range of applications, including:
- Passes several ASTM, IEC, and UL test methods
- -67° to 230° F (-55° to +110° C) operating temperature
|Operating temperature:||IEC 216||-55° to +110°|
|Tensile strength:||ASTM D 2671||≥14MPa|
|Tensile strength after aging: (158°/168hrs.)||ASTM D 2671||≥12MPa|
|Longitudinal shrinkage:||UL 224||0 to -10%|
|Elongation at break:||ASTM D 2671||≥400%|
|Elongation at break after aging: (150°/168hrs.)||ASTM D 2671||≥300%|
|Dielectric strength:||IEC 243||≥20kV/mm|
|Volume resistance:||IEC 93||14|
|Heat shock: (225°/ 4hrs.)||ASTM D 2671||No cracking or flowing|
|Water absorption:||ISO 62||<0.2%|
|Softening point:||ASTM D E28||85°|
|Peel strength: PE||DIN 30672||4N/cm|
|Copper stability:||ASTM D 2671||Non-corrosive|
|Resistance to fungus and decay:||ISO 846||Pass|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- Instructions on how to use Heat Shrink Tubing.
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving?
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Gels Seals Around Wire
- Shrinks Down Snug On Wire
- Covering Frayed Sections
- Covering Joints Splices
Working in a healthcare setting, I get a lot of wires and cables that are stressed badly, but still safe and working. I also need to slip the tubing over a connector, such as USB. This shrink tubing is large enough to fit over the connector, yet shrinks all the way down to tightly seal and shield the standard USB wire.
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?: