What's special about these heat shrinkable connectors?
- Equipped with a valve stem that allows you to monitor pressure changes, release gases, or input air as needed
- Made of strong heat-shrinkable polyolefin to withstand the rigors of daily wear and tear
- Equipped with an hot-melt adhesive that adheres to, and seals, hose or pipe ends
- For an added measure, use steel cable ties to secure the end cap
- Click for More Features
These heat shrink end caps are a step above the rest. Their unique design is equipped with a stem valve to release extra pressure or gases, as well as hot-melt adhesive to create a weathertight seal.
|PART #||SIZE||ID BEFORE SHRINKING||ID AFTER SHRINKING||WALL AFTER SHRINKING||LENGTH BEFORE SHRINKING||WEIGHT||PRICE / UNIT|
- Adhesive applied on the inner ring in a corkscrew pattern for even coverage and an airtight, wateright seal
- Easy to install and apply; simply attach firmly and shrink using a heat shrink gun
Ideal for Use on:
- Pipe ends
- Sealing off heat shrinkable boots
- Sealing hoses
- Repair/replacement of existing large stem valves
- Automotive applications
|Operating Temperature Range||n/a||-55°C to 110°C (-67°F to 230°F)|
|Shrink Temperature||n/a||120°C (248°F)|
|Tensile Strength||ISO 37||14 MPA minimum|
|Ultimate Elongation||ISO 37||400% minimum|
|Specific Gravity||ISO 1183||1.95 maximum|
|Electric Strength||IEC 243||15KV/mm minimum|
|Corrosion(Copper Contact and Copper Mirror)||ASTM D2671||No corrosion|
|Water Absorption||ISO 62||0.5% maximum|
8.8 MPA minimum
|Fungus Resistance||ISO 846||No fungal growth|
|Material||Alternate Name||Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||Category|
|ECTFE (Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene)||Halar||64%||Self-Extinguishing|
|Nylon 6:6||N/A||Ranges from 24-29%||Slow Burning to Self-Extinguishing|
|PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)||Mylar (film), Dacron (fiber)||Ranges from 21-34%||Slow Burning to Self-Extinguishing|
|Polypropylene (PP)||Polythene (in the UK)||17%||Flammable|
|Polyvinyl Choride (PVC)||N/A||Ranges from 45-49%||Self-Extinguishing|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- How to use Heat Shrink Tubing
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030