What's special about this fiber optic fault locator?
- Locate breaks up to 3km away.
- Continuous wave output mode for steady, accurate fault location.
- Blinking diode makes fault location easier.
- Simple to use quick interface fits all 2.5mm connector interfaces.
- Click for More Features
|GL-170XL||Greenlee Visual Fault Locator||0.9 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
The Greenlee 170XL Visual Fault Locator is a vital tool for accurately and expeditiously diagnosing bending losses and breaks in optical fibers as well as testing connectors. In the event a fiber is bent, a red laser light appears through the cable jacket. If a fiber is broken, a light will be visible where the break is located. Regarding connectors, a fiber broken inside or past the ferrule will cause it to glow. If the whole connector glows, it is a defective connector. If the end face polish of the connector is bad, light will be reflected internally.
- 1.0mW output power
- Ergonomic style makes this item perfect for one-handed operation.
- Rotary switch makes for very easy use.
- Aluminum body is strong, lightweight and splash proof.
- 48 hours of continuous operation from 2-AA batteries
- Visual fault locator comes with the nylon belt holster
- Made in the USA; 1 year warranty.
|Light Source Type||635nm Red Laser Diode|
630nm to 640nm
|Spectral Width (FWHM)||<2nm|
|Typical Output Power
Max. into SMF-28 Fiber
Min. CW Output Mode
1.0mW (0 dBm)
316uW (-5 dBm)
|Blink frequency in MOD mode
Two AA size batteries
Approx 48hrs continuous operation
Standard "Quick Connect" universal 2.5mm receptacle
|Operational Temperature||-10°C to +50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +60°C|
|Humidity||0 to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||Length: 9" [22cm]
Diameter: 1" [2.54cm]
|CDRH laser class||Class IIIa|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030