GREENLEE® Metal Stud Punches
GREENLEE® 7/8” or 1-11/32” Metal Stud Hole Punches provide professional installers and contractors with a simple-to-use, lightweight solution for creating a cable/conduit pass-through in standard 20 gauge steel studs. The head is constructed from light weight, yet strong aluminum, and then combined with an ergonomically friendly contoured handle. Allowing most operators to comfortably use the metal stud punch without the worry of excessive fatigue during larger applications. When combined with GREENLEE® plastic bushings, cabling and conduit become protected from the sharp exposed metal edges, promoting longer life and eliminate snags for allowing smoother and easier pulls.
- Light weight aluminum head reduces operator fatigue without sacrificing strength or usability
- Automatically centers holes on standard sized studs to keep layout work to a minimum, while helping to remove any frustrating and time consuming guess work from the project
- Requires only 56 lbs. of handle force for each punch, allowing efficient completion with minimal labor used
- Self-stripping design eliminates punch hang-ups and allows the slug to safely fall free, limiting you’re chance of being cut from sharp edges or injured from hard to remove debris
- Conversion kit available for upgrading early model 24 gauge metal stud punches to the new 20 gauge format
- Made in the USA
|PART #||STUD CAPACITY||THICKNESS CAPACITY||DIAMETER HOLE||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|GL-709||1 5/8" (41.3 mm) and wider||Up to 20 Gauge Steel||7/8" (22.2 mm)||7 lbs|
|GL-710||2 1/2" (63.4 mm) and wider||Up to 20 Gauge Steel||1-11/32" (34.1 mm)||7.5 lbs|
|GL-709||GREENLEE 7/8" (22.2 mm) Diameter Stud Punch||7 lbs|
|GL-710||GREENLEE 1-11/32" (34.1 mm) Diameter Stud Punch||7.5 lbs|
|GL-711C100||GREENLEE Bushings for 7/8" (22.2 mm) Diameter Stud Punches||100 / pk|
|GL-712A100||GREENLEE Bushings for 1-11/32" (34.1 mm) Diameter Stud Punches||100 / pk|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Hole Saw FAQs
- What Makes a Hand Tool Ergonomic?
- On-the-Job Ergonomics for Electrical Contractors
- Sheet Metal Gauge
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Safely Install and Use Polyurethane Cable Covers
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
- UL Listing
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if weíre missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!