What's special about this Fiber Optic Tester?
- Three connector interfaces to chose from: Fixed FC, SC, and ST connector interface
- LED source provides continuous wave and modulated output
- Two AA batteries last an average of 80 hours of continuous use
- 850/1300nm wavelengths
- Click for More Features
The 570XL is designed for the technician to perform installation and maintenance measurements on fiber optic cabling networks. In addition, the 570XL is also made to precisely measure power levels and link loss on multimode and single mode cabling networks. This all purpose fiber optic instrument is easy to used and reasonably priced for anyone performing fiber optic installation and maintenance.
|GL-570XL-FC||850/1300nm LED Source w/FC Interface|
|GL-570XL-SC||850/1300nm LED Source w/SC Interface|
|GL-570XL-ST||850/1300nm LED Source w/ST Interface|
|GL-946||Adaptor Cleaning Rods/ 10 Pk|
|GL-948||Connector Reel Cleaner|
- Stable calibrated output
- Automatic shut-off switch
- Rugged, water-resistant housing
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Made in the USA
The 570XL can be purchased with one of three different fiber optic connectors (FC, SC, ST) depending in the type of fiber optic job. The 570XL is the perfect light source for performing insertion loss testing on multimode fiber optic cabling. Dual wavelength output provides quick and precise insertion loss measurements. Once the user has set the reference with an optical power meter, the 570XL LED source provides a stable output for hours of continuous measurements. The 570XL-FC LED source is configured for FC fiber optic connectors, the 570XL-ST LED source is configured for ST fiber optic connectors and the 570XL-SC LED source is configured for SC fiber optic connectors.
This product has 3 interfaces (FC, SC, and ST) that can be pigtailed together with an adapter, but the connection won’t be as good and the results skewed.
|Power Range|| 840nm to 880nm
||1270nm to 1345nm|
|Max. spectral width||55nm||150nm|
|Stability (1 hour)||±0.05 dB||±0.05 dB|
|Typical power output
|Modulation frequency||270 kHz, 1 kHz and 2 kHz||270 kHz, 1 kHz and 2 kHz|
|Power Requirements||Two AA size 1.5V batteries (approx. 80hours continuous operation)|
|Connector interface||FC, SC or ST||FC, SC or ST|
|-15°C to +55°C
-35°C to +70°C
0 to 95% non-condensing
|Dimensions||7.2 x 14.2 x 3.5 cm (2.8 x 5.6 x 1.4 in.)|
|Weight||241g (8.5 oz.)|
|CE||EN61010; EN50081-1: 1992; EN55011, Group 1, Class A
EN50082-1: 1992 IEC 801-2, -3, -4
This product uses & test light waves. It does not use electricity and therefore is not UL rated.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Fiber Optic Testing
- Setting Up Fiber Optic Technology
- Top 5 Reasons To Use Fiber Optic Cables
- What is Fiber Optic Cable, And How Does it Work?
- Why Should I Use ‘Low Smoke Zero Halogen’ Cables?
- Fast, Efficient Terminations and Connections with Leviton Fiber Optics
- Why Use Corning ALTOS® Gel-Free Cables Instead of Gel-Filled?
- What Sets Corning UniCam® Pretium™ Connectors and Tool Kits Apart from the Rest?
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts