For a period of two years from the date of original sale, Generac Power Systems, Inc. (Generac) warrants that its Guardian generator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac will, at its option, repair or replace any part which, upon examination, inspection and testing by Generac or a Guardian Authorized Warranty Service Dealer, is found to be defective. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be examined by the nearest Guardian Authorized Warranty Service Dealer. All transportation costs under the warranty, including return to the factory, are to be borne and prepaid by the purchaser/owner. This warranty applies only to Generac Guardian prepackaged emergency automatic standby generators sold and rated for use in “Standby” applications.
YEARS ONE AND TWO – 100% (one hundred percent) transferable coverage on Labor and Part(s) listed (proof of purchase and
maintenance is required):
ENGINE – All Components
ALTERNATOR – All Components
TRANSFER SYSTEM – All Components
Steel enclosures are warranted against rusting for the first year of ownership only. Damage caused after receipt of generator is the
responsibility of the owner and is not covered by this warranty. Nicks, scrapes, dents or scratches to the painted enclosure should be
repaired promptly by the owner.
All warranty expense allowances are subject to the conditions defined in Guardian’s Warranty Policies, Procedures and Flat Rate
- Guardian generators that utilize non-Guardian/Generac replacement parts.
- Guardian generators utilizing non-Guardian/Generac automatic transfer switches.
- Any Guardian generators used as rental or trailer mounted applications.
- Air-cooled units used for prime power in place of existing utility power where utility power is present or in place of utility power
where utility power service does not normally exist.
- Costs of normal maintenance, adjustments, installation and start-up.
- Steel enclosures that are rusting due to the improper installation, location in a harsh or saltwater environment or scratched where
integrity of paint applied is compromised.
- Failures caused by any contaminated fuels, oils, coolants or lack of proper fluid amounts.
- Failures due, but not limited, to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or improper installation. As with
all mechanical devices, the Generac engines need periodic part(s) service and replacement to perform well. This warranty
will not cover repair when normal use has exhausted the life of a part(s) or engine.
- Failures caused by any external cause or act of God, such as collision, theft, vandalism, riot or wars, nuclear holocaust, fire, freezing, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood, tornado or hurricane.
- Damage related to rodent and/or insect infestation.
- Products that are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
- Any incidental, consequential or indirect damages caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or replacement of the defective part(s).
- Failure due to misapplication.
- Telephone, cellular phone, facsimile, internet access or other communication expenses.
- Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit warranty period.
- Expenses related to “customer instruction” or troubleshooting where no manufacturing defect is found.
- Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed.
- Costs incurred for equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator, (i.e.; cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.)
- Overnight freight costs for replacement part(s).
- Overtime labor.
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs and engine fluids.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN PLACE OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
GENERAC’S ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL
GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT
RESULT OF GENERAC’S NEGLIGENCE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You also have other rights from state to state.
5610 NW 12th Ave, Suite 214, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 - (866) 222-0030
Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie