What's special about this HDTV balun?
- Allows you to use twisted pair cable as excellent replacement for RGB coaxial cable for more cost efficient solution
- Enables you to upgrade your current entertainment system without the unnecessary cost of re-cabling
- Used in pairs, this balun supports 480p/i, 720p and 1080p/i video formats for hi-definition (HDTV) video applications
- Click for More Features
Gem Electronics Component Video Balun with Digital Audio is made to reduce your cabling costs by eliminating the need for costly coaxial cable. The balun transmits one component video (YPbPr or RGB) signal and one digital audio signal through one UTP cable.
|GEM-TRB-RGBPTDA||Component Video Balun with Digital Audio||4.4 oz|
- Balun sends upgraded signal through existing cables
- Can be used with the following devices: DVD players, projectors, monitors, amplifiers, switches, plasma displays, home theatre and other equipment supporting HDTV component video and digital audio
- Gem Electronics’ baluns are tested 100% for reliability and durability to guarantee your signal integrity
- One year warranty
Video baluns are designed for use when there is no coaxial cable available for use on projects, and enables the user to utilize twisted pair network cable to achieve the desired effect. This balun allows one component video (YPbPr or RGB) signal to be transmitted via one Category 5 shielded twisted pair cable for more cost-effective cabling. Used in pairs, the Component Video Balun supports 480i/p, 720p and 1080i/p video formats for hi-definition (HDTV) video applications.
|Bandwidth||Video: DC to 60 MHz (3dB roll off)|
|Digital Audio: 25 MHz (1dB roll off)|
|Insertion Loss||Video: -2.5 dB over frequency range|
|Audio: -1 dB over the frequency range|
|Return Loss||Video: -15 dB typical over the frequency range|
|Audio: -15 dB typical over the frequency range|
|Common Mode Rejection||Video: -55 dB|
|Audio: -55 dB|
|Environment||Component analogue RGB/YPbPr video with synchronization signals on one of the color signals (i.e. synch-on-green)|
|Devices||DVD players, projectors, monitors, amplifiers, switches, plasma displays, home theatre and other equipment supporting HDTV component video and digital audio|
|Maximum Video Input||1.1Vp-p|
|Connectors||Three RCA Male with 6" cable (Red, Green, Blue) - One RCA Female (Black) for Digital Audio, One RJ45 Shielded Jack|
|Cable-UTP||Cat5 or better - Wires impedance 100ohm at 1MHz - Maximum capacitance: 20 pf/foot. Attenuation: 6.6 dB/1000 ft at 1 MHz|
|Max. Distance Cat5 UTP or Better||Video: 480i/p: 1000 ft. (305 m) 720p and 1080i: 500 ft (152 m) - Digital Audio: 600 ft (182 m)|
|Pin Configuration||Red (Pr): Pins 7+ & 8- Green (Y): Pins 6+ & 3- Blue (Pb): Pins 2+ & 1- Digital Audio: Pins 5+ & 4-|
|Environment Required||Operating: 0 to 55C ; Storage: -20 to 85C. Humidity: up to 95%|
|Dimensions||81x 60 x 24 in mm|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts