Fluke CableIQ Tester
Coupled with the Fluke IntelliTone 200 Probe, the CableIQ™ can also be used to trace and locate cables inside your network closet. Provides two digital tones, and 4 analog tones.
- Find Fault: Measures crosstalk and impedance and compares against appropriate limits based on qualification test selected. Detects location of large point sources as well as distributed sources in the cabling if they are sufficient to disqualify the application
- Results Storage: up to 250 qualification test results
- Battery types supported: 4 AA (NEDA 15A, IEC LR6) alkaline batteries, 4AA photo lithium, NIHM, NICAD
- Battery Life: 20 hours of typical use, without backlight
CableIQ™ Qualification Tester Includes:
- CableIQ™ with remote adapter
- CableIQ™ Reporter software CD
- (2) RJ45-RJ45 patch cord
- USB cable
- Coax “F” push-on adapter
- Owners CD and quick start guide
- (4) AA batteries
- Soft carrying case
CableIQ™ Advanced IT Kit also includes:
- IntelliTone 200 Probe
- 6 additional remote adapters
- 75 Ohm BNC-BNC coax patch cord
- RJ45/RJ11 universal coupler
- Test accessory soft case
- Hard carrying case
Why use a Qualification tester? A Qualification tester is used to determine what speeds your network can handle. It differs from a Certification tester (like the Fluke DTX Cable Analyzer) in that a network certification tester insures compliance to industry standards such as TIA/ISO. The CableIQ™ Qualification tester allows you to perform various troubleshooting tests to locate your trouble spot.
Do you need to determine whether your existing cabling setup supports your 1000BASE-T (Gigabit) network? A qualification tester is all you need. Basically, if you’re looking to differentiate between cabling problems and network problems, a qualification tester is all you need.
With new technologies such as VOIP (voice over IP) and Gigabit Ethernet, network requirements are rapidly becoming much more stringent. Existing cabling must support very high bandwidths. Every time you move, add, or remove ports/cables, you run the risk of reducing the performance of your network. The CableIQ™ quickly helps you evaluate if your network is up to the task, and then helps you troubleshoot the problem. All bandwidth qualifications take less than 4 seconds!
After determining whether your network is suitable for Voice, 10/100, gigabit Ethernet or VOIP, you can then use the Wiremap feature to locate shorts, split pairs, or opens. The video display even gives you the length within the cable where the fault is located.
The “Discover” mode within the CableIQ™ can be used to look for empty ports. A signal can be sent from a workstation back to the switch. The hub will light up, showing an active port. With use of additional remote ID’s, you can test multiple locations all from the server room. CableIQ™ will show you the wiremap, pair lengths, and distance to fault…all on numbered ID’s.
|Temperature range, operating||0° to 45° C|
|Temperature range, storage||-20° to 60° C|
|Humidity range, operating||10 to 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Humidity range, storage||0 to 95% RH, non-condensing|
|Dimensions||main: 8 x 18 x 4 cm (3.1 x 7.1 x 1.6 in)
remote: 8 x 18 x 4 cm (3.1 x 7.1 x 1.6 in)
|Weight||main: 0.42 kg (0.93 lb)
remote: 0.038 kg (0.84 lb)
Please Note: These products ship within 2 weeks
|DFL-CIQ-100||Fluke CableIQ™ Qualification Tester|
|DFL-CIQ-KIT||Fluke CableIQ™ Advanced IT Kit|
|FL-MT-8200-63A||Fluke IntelliTone 200 Probe|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Fluke CableIQ Data Sheet (PDF)
- Fluke CableIQ Qualification Tester Brochure (PDF)
- CableIQ SimpliFiber Pro Kit (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Top 5 Reasons To Use Fiber Optic Cables
- What is Fiber Optic Cable, And How Does it Work?
- Alien Crosstalk Testing
HOW-TO CORNER -
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!