What's special about this heat shrink?
- Shrinks to 1/3 of its size making it perfect for sealing awkward or large connectors
- Constructed of polyolefin material to protect and insulate exposed wiring due for splicing or adding abrasion resistance
- Several colors available allowing you to color code or coordinate your termination with our expandable braided sleeving
- Click for More Features
Heat shrink is used just about everywhere and the applications are endless. Whether you are an experience master or just a beginner this economical solution will suit your needs. Quantity discounts available making this an affordable but reliable solution.
Thin wall material is good for small, non-intensive applications. For more demanding or industrial applications we recommend Professional 3:1 Heat Shrink Tubing
|SIZE||PART #||COLORS AVAILABLE
View the Colors
|1/8"||ED-HS3-SP50-0125||Black, Clear||50 FT|
|3/16"||ED-HS3-SP50-0188||Black, Clear||50 FT|
|1/4"||ED-HS3-SP50-025||Blue, Clear, Green, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow, Red||50 FT|
|3/8"||ED-HS3-SP50-0375||Black, Blue, Clear, Green, Red, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow||50 FT|
|1/2"||ED-HS3-SP50-050||Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow, Red||50 FT|
|5/8"||ED-HS3-SP50-0625||Black, Clear||50 FT|
|3/4"||ED-HS3-SP50-075||Blue, Clear, Green, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow, Red, Black Temporarily Out of Stock||50 FT|
|7/8"||ED-HS3-SP50-0875||Black, Clear||50 FT|
|1"||ED-HS3-SP50-100||Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow, Red, Clear Temporarily Out of Stock||50 FT|
|1-1/2"||ED-HS3-SP50-150||Black, Blue, Clear, Green, Orange, Gray, Purple, White, Yellow, Red||50 FT|
Select from the below list of available options to see it on the left.
NOTE: Due to differences in monitor settings, the examples show may vary slightly from the actual product.
- Used by any experience level because it can be easily terminated with an approved heat shrink gun
- UL224 and RoHS Compliant for hazardous and heat sensitive applications
- 12 sizes to choose from to fit perfectly any project
- Tubing is measured around the edge to ensure it will slide over connectors/plugs or other odd shapes
- Sealing water and dust out of cable splices
- Insulating cables and wires
- Color coding or identifying cables
- Harnessing multiple wires together
- Covering important labels and part numbers
- Neatly terminating ends of braided sleeving
- Improve the look of or repairing cables
|Proprietary||Test Method||Typical Value|
|Tensile Strength (psi)||ASTM D 638||≥10.4 MPa|
|Elongation (%)||ASTM D 638||200% ~ 400%|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D 792||1.35|
|Low Temperature Flexibility -55° C||MIL-I-23053/5||No Cracking|
|Heat Shock 4 hours at 250° C||MIL-I-23053/5||No Cracking|
|Heat Resistance (175° C, 168 hrs)||ASTM D 638||≥100%|
|Secant Modulus (psi)||ASTM D 882||≤172 MPa|
|Longitudinal Change||MIL-I-23053/5||-5% ~ +5%|
|Dielectric Strength||ASTM D 876||No Breakdown|
|Volume Resisitivity||ASTM D 876||≥10@ 14 Ω . cm|
|Corrosion (175° C, 16 hrs)||MIL-I-23053/5||No corrosion|
|Water Absorption (%)||ASTM D 570||0.5%|
|Fluid Resistance (23° C, 24 hrs)||MIL-I-23053/5||Good|
|Tensile Strength (psi)|
|Flammability||UL 224 VW-I||Pass VW-1 (except clear)|
|Shrink Temperature, Nominal||-||90° C|
|Application (Typical)||General Purpose Over Expanded|
|Recovery Temperature||194° F (90° C)||-|
|Flame Retardant||All except CLEAR|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||-67° F to 257° F (-55° C to 125° C)|
|UL Rating & File No. (Subject 224)||125° C, 600 V | VW-1 | E180908|
|UL Catalog No.||826 Suffix 3X|
|Inside Diameter||Inside Diameter Minimum||Wall Thickness||Inside Diameter Maximum||Wall Thickness|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- How do we measure Heat Shrink?
- Heat Shrink Tubing: How It Was Invented, and Why We Use It
- Instructions on how to use Heat Shrink Tubing.
- Terminate the ends of your Braided Sleeving?
- The Handyman's Guide to Improvisation: 7 New Ways to Use Heat Shrink Tubing
is there printing on the exterior of the tubing? I'm trying to make a professional looking product out of it. so if there is white model numbers and information written all down the side of the tube that kind of ruins it for me.
- Thank you for your question. This particular brand of heat shrink does NOT have any printing on it.
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030