Corning UniCam® Pretium™ Performance Single Mode Connectors LC Compatible
- Patented high precision ceramic ferrule are 100% tested to meet insertion loss
- 100% guaranteed by Corning Cable Systems to meet the published insertion loss specification at time of installation
- Operating temperature ranges from -40° to +75° C to accommodate most indoor (or outdoor environments when used in an enclosure).
- Insertion loss of .2 dB and maximum insertion loss of .5 dB can be achieved only with the UniCam Pretium Tool Kit though compatible with standard UniCam tool kits
- Enhanced polishing cycle of the end face at the Corning factory ensures the surface quality of the connector has a very low reflected signal needed that is needed for high speed digital optic transmission systems
- No consumables needed
- Fast installation lowers labor costs
Corning UniCam Pretium single mode connectors are available with a ceramic ferrule in LC, SC, and ST compatible connector styles. The Connectors are no-epoxy, UPC (Ultra Physical Contact) polished connectors that install quickly and easily in the field. The cost of installation is greatly reduced based on the quick 45-second installation time using the Pretium Tool Kit. The UniCam Pretium-Performance Single Mode Connectors are 100% guaranteed for meeting an installation specification of 0.2 dB typical and 0.5 dB maximum insertion only when utilizing the Pretium UniCam tool kit. They also meet TIA/EIA-568 B.3 specifications for insertion loss and return loss at temperatures of -40° to +75° C, which allows the connectors to be used outdoors when enclosed in environmentally protected hardware.
Typical Maximum (dB)¹
|Reflectance (dB)²||Housing Color Code||Boot Color³|
|LC||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Blue||Blue|
|SC||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Blue||White|
|ST Compatible||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Amber||Blue|
1 Insertion loss values given for installation using a UniCam Pretium Tool Kit. When installed using a UniCam Connectors Standard Installation Tool Kit, the insertion loss values are 0.3 dB typical and 0.75 dB maximum.
2 Reflectance values for SM are for 18° to 26° C.
3 LC connectors are sold with one 900 µm boot, one 2.0/1.6 boot, and one 2.9 mm boot; SC and ST compatible connectors connectors are sold with one 900 micron boot and one 2.9 mm boot.
|Intermateability||Connectors are FOCIS compliant with TIA/EIA 604-10A (LC); TIA/EIA 604-3 (SC); TIA/EIA 604-2 (ST Compliant)|
|Qualification||Passed TIA/EIA 568-B.3|
|Durability||0.2 dB change, 500 rematings, FOTP-21|
|Tensile Strength||10 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on jacketed cable; 0.5 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on 900 µm cable; FOTP-6|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +75°C, exceeding TIA/EIA 568-B.3|
|CN-95-200-99||UniCam Pretium-Performance LC Connector SM; UPC, Ceramic Ferrule, Logo, Single Pack|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -