Corning UniCam® Pretium™ Performance Single Mode Connectors LC Compatible
- Patented high precision ceramic ferrule are 100% tested to meet insertion loss
- 100% guaranteed by Corning Cable Systems to meet the published insertion loss specification at time of installation
- Operating temperature ranges from -40° to +75° C to accommodate most indoor (or outdoor environments when used in an enclosure).
- Insertion loss of .2 dB and maximum insertion loss of .5 dB can be achieved only with the UniCam Pretium Tool Kit though compatible with standard UniCam tool kits
- Enhanced polishing cycle of the end face at the Corning factory ensures the surface quality of the connector has a very low reflected signal needed that is needed for high speed digital optic transmission systems
- No consumables needed
- Fast installation lowers labor costs
Corning UniCam Pretium single mode connectors are available with a ceramic ferrule in LC, SC, and ST compatible connector styles. The Connectors are no-epoxy, UPC (Ultra Physical Contact) polished connectors that install quickly and easily in the field. The cost of installation is greatly reduced based on the quick 45-second installation time using the Pretium Tool Kit. The UniCam Pretium-Performance Single Mode Connectors are 100% guaranteed for meeting an installation specification of 0.2 dB typical and 0.5 dB maximum insertion only when utilizing the Pretium UniCam tool kit. They also meet TIA/EIA-568 B.3 specifications for insertion loss and return loss at temperatures of -40° to +75° C, which allows the connectors to be used outdoors when enclosed in environmentally protected hardware.
Typical Maximum (dB)¹
|Reflectance (dB)²||Housing Color Code||Boot Color³|
|LC||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Blue||Blue|
|SC||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Blue||White|
|ST Compatible||UPC||0.2 / 0.50||-55||Amber||Blue|
1 Insertion loss values given for installation using a UniCam Pretium Tool Kit. When installed using a UniCam Connectors Standard Installation Tool Kit, the insertion loss values are 0.3 dB typical and 0.75 dB maximum.
2 Reflectance values for SM are for 18° to 26° C.
3 LC connectors are sold with one 900 µm boot, one 2.0/1.6 boot, and one 2.9 mm boot; SC and ST compatible connectors connectors are sold with one 900 micron boot and one 2.9 mm boot.
|Intermateability||Connectors are FOCIS compliant with TIA/EIA 604-10A (LC); TIA/EIA 604-3 (SC); TIA/EIA 604-2 (ST Compliant)|
|Qualification||Passed TIA/EIA 568-B.3|
|Durability||0.2 dB change, 500 rematings, FOTP-21|
|Tensile Strength||10 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on jacketed cable; 0.5 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on 900 µm cable; FOTP-6|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +75°C, exceeding TIA/EIA 568-B.3|
|CN-95-200-99||UniCam Pretium-Performance LC Connector SM; UPC, Ceramic Ferrule, Logo, Single Pack|
RELATED ARTICLES -
HOW-TO CORNER -
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if we’re missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!