What's special this cord protector?
- Toughness is due to unique product designs and the use of extremely dense Hiperthane®, the most durable urethane on earth.
- Higher elongation rating of 530%.
- Handles high speed truck and bus traffic without breaking.
- High visibility yellow and black combination is the industry preferred.
- Click for More Features
To protect your cables from high abrasion and continuous heavy vehicle traffic, invest in Yellow Jacket® cable protectors with Hiperthane®. Hiperthane® is engineered to a higher standard than our other polyurethane, which means it can withstand heavier loads, higher abrasion and more impact than Yellow Jackets® made of standard polyurethane.
NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. READY TO USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
Please Note: These products ship within 4 weeks
|PART #||CHANNELS||OVERALL DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|CPYJ1-300H||1||3"||4" H x 21" W x 36" L||45 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|CPYJ1-500H||1||5"||6" H x 27" W x 36" L||101 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|CPYJ3-225H||3||2.25"||3" H x 20" W x 36" L||36 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|CPYJ3-225WH||3||2.25"||3" H x 27" W x 36" L||54 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|CPYJ4-125H||4||1.25"||2" H x 18" W x 36" L||28 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
|CPYJ5-125H||5||1.25"||2" H x 19" W x 36" L||30 lbs||DISCONTINUED|
The Yellow Jacket Hiperthane is your Standard Yellow Jacket Classic setup but manufactured with a superior material called Hiperthane. This material makes the cable protector denser thus allowing it to withstand heavier loads and greater abrasion from whatever traffic is running over it. These cable protectors outlast all others. We consider the Yellow Jacket Hiperthane product to be an Extreme Duty cable protector suitable for high abrasion environments such as the Mining Industry, dry docks, oil fields and military applications. It comes in the safety Yellow and black colors, displays the Ansi trip logo and has a convenient carrying handle on one side.
Designed to the same rugged specifications as our Yellow Jackets®, our cable protectors made with Hiperthane® can withstand heavier traffic flows, higher abrasion and more impact, for longer periods of time.
Yellow Jacket® with Hiperthane®
- Original dog-bone universal connector locks modular sections firmly together. If it comes apart, you can snap it right back.
- Suitable for highly abrasive environments such as mining Industry, dry docks, oil fields and military applications.
- Withstands heavier loads
- Resists higher abrasion
- absorbs more impact
- 30 % more polyurethane than similar cable protectors – handles years of constant use
- Easy to assemble and transport
- Load bearing exceeds maximum legally allowed axle weight
- 36” long
- View Material Safety Data Sheet Hiperthane Cable Protectors (PDF)
- View Chemical, Oil and Solvent Resistance (PDF)
- Cord Cover Fill Chart (PDF)
- View Cord Covers Comparison Chart
Peterson Systems International retained an independent testing laboratory to determine flammability classifications of the Yellow Jacket, Bumble Bee, and Hiperthane® cable protectors in accordance with the methods described in Underwriter's Laboratories Safety Standard UL9 4, Section 8.
The results of the Hiperthane® cable protector conformed to the limits allowed by UL 94 V-2 for classifying of this material.
Test method ASTM D 635-98 considers Hiperthane® to be "self-extinguishing" and meets the requirements of Hughes Helicopters, Inc. Specification HMS 17-1159, Rev. C, Class 4, Paragraph 3.1.8 and Table 1 for flammability.
Yellow Jacket Comparison Chart, click here
|Max. Load / Axle||Operating Temperature||Hinge-Pin Material||Markings|
|20,150 lbs at 70° F||-40° F to + 120° F||Reinforced Fiberglass||Per ANSI
|PART #||National Stocking # (NSN)|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Easy Steps for Protecting Hoses from Traffic
- Tips for Protecting Cables from Traffic
- Tips for Convention Cable Management
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Safely Install and Use Polyurethane Cable Covers
- How to Choose the Right Cord Cover for Your Business
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030