Yellow Jacket Cord Protector with Hiperthane, YJ1-300H
CPYJ5-125H application shown above
To protect your cables from high abrasion and continuous heavy vehicle traffic, invest in Yellow Jacket® cable protectors with Hiperthane®. Hiperthane® is engineered to a higher standard than our other polyurethane, which means it can withstand heavier loads, higher abrasion and more impact than Yellow Jackets® made of standard polyurethane.
The Yellow Jacket Hiperthane is your Standard Yellow Jacket Classic setup but manufactured with a superior material called Hiperthane. This material makes the cable protector denser thus allowing it to withstand heavier loads and greater abrasion from whatever traffic is running over it. These cable protectors outlast all others. We consider the Yellow Jacket Hiperthane product to be an Extreme Duty cable protector suitable for high abrasion environments such as the Mining Industry, dry docks, oil fields and military applications. It comes in the safety Yellow and black colors, displays the Ansi trip logo and has a convenient carrying handle on one side.
Designed to the same rugged specifications as our Yellow Jackets®, our cable protectors made with Hiperthane® can withstand heavier traffic flows, higher abrasion and more impact, for longer periods of time.
Yellow Jacket® with Hiperthane®
- Original dog-bone universal connector locks modular sections firmly together. If it comes apart, you can snap it right back.
- Suitable for highly abrasive environments such as mining Industry, dry docks, oil fields and military applications.
- Withstands heavier loads
- Resists higher abrasion
- absorbs more impact
- 30 % more polyurethane than similar cable protectors – handles years of constant use
- Easy to assemble and transport
- Load bearing exceeds maximum legally allowed axle weight
- 36” long
- View Material Safety Data Sheet Hiperthane Cable Protectors (PDF)
- View Chemical, Oil and Solvent Resistance (PDF)
- Cord Cover Fill Chart (PDF)
- View Cord Covers Comparison Chart
Peterson Systems International retained an independent testing laboratory to determine flammability classifications of the Yellow Jacket, Bumble Bee, and Hiperthane® cable protectors in accordance with the methods described in Underwriter's Laboratories Safety Standard UL9 4, Section 8.
The results of the Hiperthane® cable protector conformed to the limits allowed by UL 94 V-2 for classifying of this material.
Test method ASTM D 635-98 considers Hiperthane® to be "self-extinguishing" and meets the requirements of Hughes Helicopters, Inc. Specification HMS 17-1159, Rev. C, Class 4, Paragraph 3.1.8 and Table 1 for flammability.
Yellow Jacket Comparison Chart, click here
|Max. Load / Axle||Operating Temperature||Hinge-Pin Material||Markings|
|20,150 lbs at 70° F||-40° F to + 120° F||Reinforced Fiberglass||Per ANSI
|PART #||National Stocking # (NSN)|
Please Note: These products ship within 4 weeks
NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. READY TO USE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
|CPYJ1-300H||Yellow Jacket® 1Channel Hiperthane® - 3 Inch Channel||1||3"||4"||21"||36"||45 lbs|
|CPYJ1-500H||Yellow Jacket® 1 Channel Hiperthane® - 5 Inch Channel||1||5"||6"||27"||36"||101 lbs|
|CPYJ3-225H||Yellow Jacket® 3 Channel Hiperthane® Cord Cover||3||2.25"||3"||20"||36"||36 lbs|
|CPYJ3-225WH||Yellow Jacket® 3 Channel Wide Hiperthane® Cord Cover||3||2.25"||3"||27"||36"||54 lbs|
|CPYJ4-125H||Yellow Jacket® 4 Channel Hiperthane® Cord Cover||4||1.25"||2"||18"||36"||28 lbs|
|CPYJ5-125H||Yellow Jacket® 5 Channel Hiperthane® Cord Cover||5||1.25"||2"||19"||36"||30 lbs|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Easy Steps for Protecting Hoses from Traffic
- Tips for Protecting Cables from Traffic
- Tips for Convention Cable Management
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Safely Install and Use Polyurethane Cable Covers
- How to Choose the Right Cord Cover for Your Business
What can make this page better?
We do everything we can think of to provide you with the product specs, images and ordering info you need, but if weíre missing something or still have room to improve, please let us know. Your comments, suggestions and questions are the best tools we have for serving you better!