Black Box Wizard Multimedia Extender LP
Designed with simplicity in mind, the Wizard Multimedia Extender LP by Black Box is a great add for any VGA HD video run. By utilizing CAT 5 or higher type cabling, it eliminates the need for bulky cables and expensive VGA terminations on the video run. Powered by a single USB connection on the transmitter, this media extender is sure to save you time and money on your labor costs.
- Low-profile design doesn’t include any bulky casings or adapters, so it can be inconspicuously installed
- Uses category cable instead of pricey VGA cable to lower overall installation costs
- Remote unit allows you to adjust video sharpness and display
- 2-year Double Diamond Manufacturer’s Warranty to protect your investment
- Supports Display Data Channel (DDC) through standard settings or emulation
- CE Approved
- RoHS Compliant
Ideal for use in:
- Public presentations
- Trade shows
- Any long HD video cable run
|Cable Requirements||Foil twisted-pair (FTP) cable, CAT5 or higher; for cable runs greater than 164 ft. (50 m), low-skew cable may also be required to prevent video color distortion|
|Distance (Maximum)||500 ft. (152.4 m)|
|Resolution (Maximum)||HD: 1080p|
|Connectors||Transmitter: Video: (1) HD15 F; Power: (1) USB Type A M;
Interconnect: (1) RJ-45;
Receiver: VGA (1) HD15 F; Interconnect: (1) RJ-45
|Power||From the USB connection on the transmitter|
|Size||Both transmitter and receiver: 0.9"H x 1.8"W x 2.5"D (2.3 x 4.6 x 6.4 cm)|
|BB-AVU4001A||Wizard Multimedia Extender LP|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- HDMI 1.4: Setting New Standard for High Definition Ethernet, Audio and 3D
- DVI and HDMI Connector Overview
- High Definition Connections: What's the Difference Between HDMI and DVI?
- What Is The Difference Between Cat 5, Cat 5e, and Cat 6 Cable?
- What's the Difference Between Cat6 and Cat6a?