Black Box Universal Async Fiber Optic Extender
The Black Box Universal Async Fiber Optic Extender allows you to extend serial communications up to 4 or more kilometers through noisy areas. This fiber optic extender gives you the flexibility to link RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 async serial devices over multimode fiber optic cabling. You may use it point-to-point or in a multi-drop fiber ring configuration in which multiple serial devices communicate with another.
The Universal Async Fiber Optic will support full- or half-duplex communications over two fibers at distances up to 4 kilometers (2.5 miles)
- Allows you to eliminate ground loops by using fiber and thus breaking the cooper connection between two areas with different ground potential. This way you eliminate the potential of damaging your equipment or corrupting your data
- Supports full or half-duplex communications over two fibers at distances up to 4 km (2.5 miles) which increases equipment compatibility by being able to work with both types of equipment
- Converts RS-232 to RS-422 / RS-485, allowing equipment that use different protocols to be able to communicate with each other. The RS-232 protocol is a point to point protocol with a limit of 50 feet, whereas the RS-422/RS-485 protocol is point to point or multipoint with a distance of 4000 feet
- You can use this fiber optic extender with most multimode fiber
- The LED emitter and photo detector operate in the 820 nm fiber wavelength
- Set mode of operation for RS-422 or RS-485 with DIP switches, adding versatility since you will only need one unit to connect to these devices by only changing a few dip switches
- Double Diamond Warranty
NOTE: If you want or need to extend a link farther, add the Fiber Optic Repeater (BB-ME611A-US). Used in the middle of a fiber link, it effectively doubles the transmission distance.
|Fiber Cable||Dual multimode optical cable|
|Fiber Optic Wavelength||820 nm|
|Maximum Fiber Ring Length||8 km (5 miles)|
|Operation||Asynchronous, point-to-point, half- or full-duplex, or multipoint (fiber ring) half-duplex|
|Maximum Speed||RS-232: 115.2 kbps
RS-422 / RS-485: 500 bps
|Connectors||Serial: (1) DB25 F
Fiber Optic: (1) pair of ST
|Power||12V DC power supply (included)|
|Dimensions||4.3" H x 2.3" W x 1.0" D [10.9 x 5.8 x 2.5 cm]|
|BB-ME610A-US||Universal Async Fiber Optic Extender||4.3" H x 2.3" W x 1.0" D||0.10 lb|
No Manuals Available.
DOUBLE DIAMOND WARRANTY -
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your BLACK BOX® brand products from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges. Most products come with a one- or two-year warranty. Some products, such as copper cables, manual switches, cabinets, and racks, are guaranteed for life! During the warranty period, Black Box will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
- Setting Up Fiber Optic Technology
- Protect Your Fiber Optic Network with Proper Cable Management
- Top 5 Reasons To Use Fiber Optic Cables
- What is Fiber Optic Cable, And How Does it Work?
HOW-TO CORNER -