What's special about the SOHO Tester from Black Box?
- Allows you to get clear pass/fail results on a large seven-segment LCD with a backlight
- Identifies remote while testing the cable and displays test results in wire-map format for easy wire tracing
- All-in-one tester for use in SOHO, LAN or internet environments can be used on copper and coax cables for a complete testing solution
- Click for More Features
This all-in-one tester allows you to service home and small offices that use a mix of copper and coax cabling.
|BB-TS590A||SOHO Tester||0.85 lb||5.2" x 2.9" x 1.6"|
|BB-TS593||RJ-11 Wire Mappers (20 Pack)||0.156 lb||5.5" L x 3.75" W x 1.5" H|
- Identifies and verifies cable TV, telephone, audio, and 8-wire network cabling with the touch of a button, making it easy to use
- The tester has a tone mode that generates audio tones for use with tone traces on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin
- Handheld unit reliably tests a variety of wires and cables including:
- 8-wire network cables
- 6-wire telephone lines
- Coax cables
- Enables you to select which pins have tone
- Built-in tone generator for use with tone tracers
- 1 year Double Diamond Protection
Designed exclusively for low-voltage types of cable commonly used for home networking and home automation, the SOHO Tester test for shorts, opens, miswires, reversals, and split pairs in any of its three test modes (telephone, coax, and network) as well as identifies and verifies cable TV, telephone, audio, and 8-wire network cabling with the touch of a button.
When a good test is done the “pass” icon will appear. Should a miswire occur between local and remote units, the LCD will show which pin the fault is on, along with a “fail” icon. After completing a telephone or network test, the SOHO Tester displays the wiremap and any faults associated on its easy-to-read LCD.
The SOHO Tester is comprised of a main local unit with a shielded RJ-45 connector and coax F and RJ-12 connectors plus a remote unit with a shielded RJ-45 connector and an RJ-12 connector. For convenient transport, the remote unit attaches to the bottom of the main unit.
If you need to identify and map multiple points of termination you may also order extra Coax Remote Identifiers as well as RJ-45 or RJ-11 Wire Mappers.
In addition to all of these features the SOHO tester has a tone mode that generates audio tones for use with tone traces on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin. There is also an auto-off feature keeps power consumption low and preserves battery life by shutting down the unit automatically during periods of inactivity.
The SOHO Tester includes :
- Local Unit
- Remote Unit
- Coax Remote Identifier
- 12" RJ-45-to-alligator clip cable
- 7.5" cable with RJ-12 connectors for RJ-45 or RJ-11 jacks
- User Manual
|Battery Life||9V alkaline battery, typical|
|Standby Mode||2.5 years|
|Cable Testing||150 hours|
|Tone Generator||250 hours|
|Cable Types||Shielded or unshielded, CAT5e, CAT5, CAT4, CAT3, and coax|
|Minimum Cable Length for Testing of Split Pairs||3 ft (0.9m)|
|Coax Cable||100 ohms maximum DC resistance, center conductor plus shield|
|User Controls||(5) buttons : TEL, COAX, TONE, NTWK, REMOTE UNIT|
|Connectors||F-connector female, RJ-45 female, 6-wire RJ-12 female|
|Temperature Tolerance||Operating: 32 to 122° F (0 to 50° C)
Storage: 14 to 140° F (-10 to 60° C)
|Relative Humidity||Up to 90%, noncondensing|
|Power||9-volt battery (removable)|
|Size||5.2" H x 2.9" W x 1.6" D (13.2 x 7.4 x 4.1 cm)|
|Weight (with battery and remote)||8.5 oz (241 g)|
DOUBLE DIAMOND WARRANTY -
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your BLACK BOX® brand products from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges. Most products come with a one- or two-year warranty. Some products, such as copper cables, manual switches, cabinets, and racks, are guaranteed for life! During the warranty period, Black Box will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Reasons Every Network Technician Needs a Good Tool Kit
- Circuit Separation
- The 10 Commandments of Cable Management
HOW-TO CORNER -
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030