What's special about this audio video extender?
- Allows you to get the remote computer control of the ServSwitch Wizard IP and to all servers connected to it from anywhere in the world via an IP network or a dialup connection, as well as connections for DVI-I video, audio, and USB devices
- Equipped with virtual media support to emulate a USB storage device to enable file transfer between servers
- DVI-I connector auto-senses digital and analog monitor connections and also converts inputs from analog to digital
- Click for More Features
The Black Box ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus has a 533-MHz processor and great video performance, also it has USB, DVI-I, and audio connectors for streaming data and sound to a remote virtual network collaborator (VNC). It allows you to access a ServSwitch and all servers connected to it from anywhere in the world via an IP network or a dialup connection.
|BB-ACR2005A||ServSwitch Wizard Pro Plus||1.75"H (1U) x 7.9"W x 4.8"D||3.093 lbs|
The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus allows you to access an attached ServSwitch and all the servers connected to it from anywhere in the world via an IP network or a dialup connection. It also offers an optimized internal structure that provides excellent video refresh rates and clarity across the network link, while at the same time using remarkably little network bandwidth in the process.
Up to four remote users can access the ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus simultaneously. All the users can be connected through the front-panel RJ-45 network port or link one of the four remote users via the back-panel DB9 modem port. If for any reason your network fails, you can also use this port as a backup access.
- Since no software is needed, you save money on installation costs
- Compact enough to be used on the desktop or shelf
- The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus has a 533-MHz processor and great video performance, and USB, DVI-I, and audio connectors for streaming data and sound to a remote virtual network collaborator (VNC)
- DVI-I, USB and audio ports
- Accelerated video update performance is delivered to your monitor because this ServSwith features an enhanced video processing engine
- Offers a robust, enterprise-grade security with AES 128 encryption and RSA 2048 authentication
- Resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at 60 Hz for clear images and video
- Allows you to reboot the entire system remotely after a power crash
- True DDC support for optimal use with computer video cards
- 1-year Double Diamond Warranty
|Hardware Compatibility:||IBM PC, PS/2, and compatibles; Sun USB; Mac USB; RS/6000®; DEC™ Alpha; SGI™|
|Operating Systems Supported:||Windows® 3.x/95/98/Me/XP, Windows NT®, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server, DOS, Linux®, UNIX®, BSD, Sun, Macintosh®, NetWare®|
|Maximum Resolution:||1600 x 1200 at 60 Hz|
|Software Compatibility:||Limited security: AT&T® 3.3.3, Real VNC 3.3.4 and higher
Full security: Real VNC 4.0 and higher; requires Java enabled browser
|Approvals:||PS-E144572CE, CE: Yes - EN60950:1992 EN55022:1998 RoHS/WEEE: Yes|
|Indicators:||(6) LEDs: PWR, LNK, 100, VNC, REM, LOC|
|Power:||100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, auto sensing|
|Operating Temperature:||32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C)|
|Size:||1.75"H (1U) x 7.9"W x 4.6"D (4.4 x 20 x 11.7 cm)|
DOUBLE DIAMOND WARRANTY
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your BLACK BOX® brand products* from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges. Most products come with a one- or two-year warranty. Some products, such as copper cables, manual switches, cabinets, and racks, are guaranteed for life! During the warranty period, Black Box will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
DVI-I connector for digital displays
The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus's console connectors include PS/2 and USB ports for a keyboard and mouse, an audio jack for plugging in speakers, and a DVI-I port that auto senses between digital and analog video connections. Even better, the DVI-I port converts an analog input signal into a DVI signal to give you much clearer video displays!
Remote users get great video, too. An advanced video acceleration engine provides remarkable screen update performance when used over a LAN. Since the picture is transferred digitally, you can count on high color and picture fidelity at LAN speeds.
Supports virtual media and audio feeds
You can link the ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus to IBM® compatible, Sun®, and Mac® servers and to just about any other ServSwitch product. It also enables virtual media support; just attach the USB port to the server you’re controlling, and the Wizard IP Plus will emulate a USB mass storage device. Files on the viewer server can be made to appear on the virtual media drive, enabling easy file transfer between the viewer server and the viewed server.
If you need “audio-over-IP” applications, there’s also an audio jack, so you can feed audio signals from a host site to remote VNC viewers for presentation and training purposes.
Secure VNC viewer or browser access
The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus contains an embedded VNC server, which you can access securely using a VNC viewer or a browser running Java. No extra software seat licenses are needed, and private or shared access modes are supported from up to four viewers.
State-of-the-art data compression techniques work even at dial up connection speeds as low as 33 kbps. Furthermore, a dial up access option provides inherent first-level security. Data-stream encryption using a 128-bit key is available, and a VNC-specific architecture enables mutual authentication between local and remote users.
This ServSwitch has a power control port that enables a remote user to reset one or more power switches in the host system. Dual power connectors enable the ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus to draw power either from its included adapter or from a secondary power adapter that can be connected to a UPS to provide redundant power capabilities.
The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus is also flash upgradable, so it will never be obsolete.
NOTE: Windows 3.x/95/98 (non SE) and Windows NT do not support virtual media or a USB keyboard and mouse.
NOTE: The ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus works with most of ServSwitch products from Black Box.
NOTE: To connect the ServSwitch Wizard IP Plus to a VGA monitor or to a CPU with a VGA video output, you will need DVI-I to video adapters.
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Introduction to Power Distribution and System Grounding
- Thermal Management Best Practices - How to Calculate Ventilation Required to Provide an Interior Rack Temperature of 85°F
- The Top 5 Reasons to Choose Powerflor
HOW-TO CORNER -
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030