What's special about these servswitches?
- Switch can be activated in four different ways
- Compact and just 1U high, ideal for use where space is at a premium
- AutoScan function allows the ServSwitch EC to scan and switch between servers
- Click for More Features
The Black Box ServSwitch EC for PS/2 and USB Servers and Consoles allow you to switch between a number of PS/2 and USB servers from a single PS/2 or USB console. Models are available for switching between 4, 8, or 16 servers from a single console. More
|PART #||# OF PORTS||DIMENSION||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|ServSwitch EC Series PS/2 & USB User/CPU KVM Switch|
|BB-KV9204A||4-Port||1.75"H (1U) x 8.6"W x 5.1"D (4.4 X 21.8 X 13 cm)||2 lbs|
|BB-KV9208A||8-Port||1.75"H (1U) x 17.3"W x 7"D (4.4 X 43.9 X 17.8 cm)||4.9 lbs|
|BB-KV9216A||16-Port||1.75"H (1U) x 17.3"W x 7"D (4.4 X 43.9 X 17.8 cm)||6 lbs|
|BB-EHN70001-0006||ServSwitch DT-Series CPU Cable||6 ft||0.5 lb|
|BB-EHN70001-0010||ServSwitch DT-Series CPU Cable||10 ft||0.656 lb|
|BB-EHN9000P-0015||ServSwitch EC-Series CPU Cable||15 ft||0.984 lb|
|BB-EHN9000P-0030||ServSwitch EC-Series CPU Cable||30 ft||1.968 lbs|
|BB-EHN9000U-0006||ServSwitch EC-Series USB Cable||6 ft||0.531 lb|
|BB-EHN9000U-0010||ServSwitch EC-Series USB Cable||10 ft||0.7655 lb|
|BB-EHN9000U-0015||ServSwitch EC-Series USB Cable||15 ft||1 lb|
This KVM Switch has on-screen display (OSD) features for switching between servers and managing server connections. You can navigate through the OSD menus using a function key, and you can also use the OSD interface to view each port's connection status, lock a server from unauthorized access, and even assign server names that are up to 14 characters long. The switch will store all the name entries in non-volatile memory.
For USB connections, you may need to use ServSwitch EC Server Cables 6-ft. (1.8-m), 10-ft. (3.0-m), 15-ft. (4.5-m). For PS/2 connections, you may need to use ServSwitch EC/DT CPU Cables, and/or ServSwitch CPU Cable for EC. Do you want to know what is special about each cable?
- 6-ft and 10-ft ServSwitch DT-Series CPU Cables. These cables come in beige color and are compatible with the ServSwitch EC for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles. On the Switch Side these cables have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, while on the PC Side they have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, and two PS/2 6-pin mini-DIN male connectors.
- 15-ft and 30 ft ServSwitch CPU Cables for EC Series. These cables come in beige color, and are ideal to connect to PS/2 CPUs that have HD15 and 6-pin mini-DIN connectors. On the Switch Side these cables have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, while on the PC Side they have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, and two PS/2 6-pin mini-DIN male connectors.
- 6-ft, 10-ft, 15-ft ServSwitch EC-Series USB Cables. These cables come in beige color and are compatible with the ServSwitch EC for PS/2 and USB Servers and PS/2 or USB Consoles. On the Switch Side these cables have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, while on the PC Side they have one HDDB15 15-pin male connector, and one USB type A male connector. These cables are specially designed to enable you to connect a ServSwitch EC Series KVM switch to a CPU. They connect to USB computers that have HD15 and USB connectors
What is included with the ServSwitch EC?
4-Port model includes: (1) ServSwitch EC, (1) AC power adapter, (1) Y adapter cable for PS/2 connections,(1) set of foot pads, and (1) user's manual.
8-Port model includes: (1) ServSwitch EC, (1) AC power adapter, (1) Y adapter cable for PS/2 connections, (1) set of foot pads, (2) mounting brackets, and (1) user's manual.
16-Port model includes: (1) ServSwitch EC, (1) AC power adapter, (1) Y adapter cable for PS/2 connections, (1) set of foot pads, (2) mounting brackets, and (1) user's manual.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When cascading multiple units, the master must have the same number as or more ports than the slave.
- Choose between 3 models to better fit your needs: The 4-port model is for USB control consoles only, while the 8- and 16-port models support a control console with a PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse console to control a mix of PS/2 and USB servers
- Cascadable for adding up to 136 server connections. You only need one ServSwitch for several serves which makes it ideal for entry-level data centers, as well as areas where you have a mix of servers and console control devices
- AutoScan detects any keyboard or mouse activity, and suspends the scanning until the activity stops, then resumes with the next computer in sequence, ensuring security of your data
- Compatible with Windows® 98/Me/XP, Windows NT®, and Windows 2000
- Get resolutions up to 1920 x 1440 for clear video
- For added simplicity, in the 8 and 16 port models just slide a switch on the back panel in order to choose the console mode
- 8 port and 16 port models include rack-mounting brackets
- Since they are DDC2B compatible, you can use them with the latest monitors
- Supports Microsoft® IntelliMouse®
- Double Diamond Warranty
|AutoScan Intervals:||3, 8, 15, and 30 seconds|
|Maximum Cable Length:||At console: 20 ft. (6 m)
At PC ports for PS/2 server: 30 ft. (9.1 m)
At PC ports for USB server: 15 ft. (4.5 m)
|Operating Systems Supported:||Windows 98/Me/XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000|
|Maximum Resolution:||1920 x 1440|
KV9204A: (4) port selection buttons
KV9204A: Server: (4) HD15 F;
KV9204A: (4) Port LEDs
|Power:||115 VAC, 60 Hz, external|
|Operating Temperature:||32° F to 104° F|
KV9204A: 1.75"H (1U) x 8.6"W x 5.1"D (4.4 x 21.8 x 13 cm)
|Weight:||KV9204A: 2 lb. (0.9 kg)
KV9208A: 4.9 lb. (2.2 kg)
KV9216A: 6 lb. (2.7 kg)
DOUBLE DIAMOND WARRANTY -
The Double Diamond Warranty is our no-questions-asked warranty that protects your BLACK BOX® brand products from accidental damage, including drops, water, and power surges. Most products come with a one- or two-year warranty. Some products, such as copper cables, manual switches, cabinets, and racks, are guaranteed for life! During the warranty period, Black Box will repair or replace your damaged equipment within one week of receipt at NO CHARGE!
- Introduction to Power Distribution and System Grounding
- Thermal Management Best Practices - How to Calculate Ventilation Required to Provide an Interior Rack Temperature of 85°F
- The Top 5 Reasons to Choose Powerflor
HOW-TO CORNER -
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030