Home Learning Center Articles Thermal Management Best Practices
By: Middle Atlantic Products
Innovative Solutions for Space Restricted Environments
- Slide-out and rotating equipment racks provide increased serviceability when rear access is not available
- 54 rackspace enclosures for installations where floor space is an issue, but ceiling height is not
- Pivoting racks provide easy access to equipment connections
- Rackrail is labeled in rackspace increments, facilitating easy equipment alignment and is finished in durable e-coat guaranteeing no clogged threads
- Pre-installed washers and self-guiding pilot-points on 10-32 threaded rack screws save valuable installation time
- Ganging holes on selected enclosures (MRK, DRK, VRK, VMRK and WMRK Series) allow racks to be joined while fully loaded
- Most welded floor standing enclosures are UL Listed with a weight capacity of 2,500 lbs
- Most welded floor standing enclosures are Zone 4 and Seismic Use
- Group III certified and are now certified to UBC, CBC, IBC, ASCE and NFPA standards
- Studs provided in base of all welded floor standing racks facilitate the proper grounding and bonding of electrical equipment, as per NEBS and NEC standards
What Does ‘UL Listed’ Mean?
The UL Listing is a rating that certifies a product has been tested by Underwriter’s Laboratories to meet certain safety standards. Underwriter’s Laboratories is the leader in U.S. product safety and certification. The UL Listing is found on the majority of our products, provides the confidence that the product is safe for use, and is often a requirement in many installations. In addition, most welded floor standing Middle Atlantic. Products enclosures have a UL Listed 2,500 lb. weight capacity, ensuring that they can safely protect critical electronic systems. Products with UL Listings that relate to weight ratings have been tested to four times
the published capacity.
What Does ‘Seismic Certified’ Mean?
Seismic certification ensures that the essential equipment housed in the enclosure can survive a seismic event. This is critical in the many seismic areas throughout the world, and is often a requirement in other installations as well. Most welded, floor standing Middle Atlantic Products enclosures are seismic certified at no extra charge, which ensures that they provide the structural integrity needed for your installation to meet UBC, CBC, IBC, ASCE and NFPA standards.
©2013 CableOrganizer.com, Inc. This article may not be reproduced in part or in full without the written permission of CableOrganizer.com.
Meet the Author on Google+