Which Type of DYMO® Label is Right for My Application?
You’ve selected the perfect DYMO® label printer, but the decisions aren’t over yet: you still need to figure out the best type of label for the job. With so many different label materials to choose from, it can be tough to narrow down your choices. So to make your decision little easier, CableOrganizer.com has put together a quick-reference guide, explaining which situation each material is best suited to. Just read on to discover which DYMO® label is right for your application!
- Flexible Nylon: Flexible nylon offers the ultimate in flexibility, which makes it ideal for labeling on rough surfaces, as well as wrap-around and curved-surface applications like cable and wire. Ordinary office labels can quickly “tire out” and fall off of cables, but matte-finish flexible nylon adheres easily and stays in place for the life of your cable, even through encounters with dirt and oil. Flexible nylon labels are available in 1/2 ″ and 3/4 ″ sizes, in your choice of black on white or black on yellow.
- Metallized Permanent Polyester: This label material brings you all the benefits of regular permanent polyester, but with the added benefit of a terrific-looking metallic finish. With its silvery sheen, Metallized Permanent Polyester adds a polished look to storage shelves, factory equipment, and other flat, smooth surfaces. Metallized Permanent Polyester is available in 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes.
- Vinyl Labels: Need a color-coded labeling solution that can weather outdoor conditions? Available in green, orange, red, yellow, and white, Dymo’s vinyl tape is not only eye-catching, it’s also your best option for printing labels that will stand up to direct sunlight. And because of its vivid colors, vinyl tape is great for printing warning and safety labels for industrial facilities. Vinyl is also ideal for labeling faceplates, patch panels, cables and wires in telecom/datacom applications. This material is available in 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes.
- Permanent Polyester: Intended for use on patch panels, cabinets and virtually any other smooth surface, durable permanent polyester features a shiny finish, which makes it a very popular choice. As with all other DYMO® label materials, permanent polyester is backed with an advanced adhesive that will ensure it stays exactly where you want it to! White permanent polyester label tapes are available in 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes.
- Heat Shrink Tubes: As far as labeling materials go, heat shrink tubing is a real multi-tasker. Printable heat shrink tubes are made of industrial-grade polyolefin, and are perfectly designed for use with cabling. If you’re installing cables that require both labels and heat shrink, why not skip a step and print a label right onto the tubing? Heat shrink labels are fast and easy to apply: just print, slip the label onto the cable before it’s connected, and then shrink it down to size with a heat gun. Heat shrink tubes are the most durable option for labeling wires and cables, and you never need to worry about them falling off! Available in white or yellow, in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" sizes.
- Metal Embossing Tapes: Used with the RHINO 1011 Metal Tape Embosser, DYMO aluminum and stainless steel tapes create rugged embossed labels that can brave high temperatures, the great outdoors, and other corrosive environments. Metal tapes are perfect for labeling tools, cases, equipment, industrial shelving, and cabinetry, and are available in adhesive or non-adhesive aluminum, and non-adhesive stainless steel.
©2013 CableOrganizer.com, LLC. This article may not be reproduced in part or in full without the written permission of CableOrganizer.com.
Meet the Author on Google+