What's special about this BNC Connector?
- The three piece BNC connector is first crimped onto center conductor, and the remaining assembly is crimped onto the cable to provide a solid electrical connection
- Three piece connectors are preferred for CCTV installations; however, the Amphenol BNC connector is ideal because of the additional ferrule, which provides quality connection.
- Nickel, brass and gold plating all work together to give you secure, strong connectivity for long lasting satisfaction
- Click for More Features
These are 75 OHM BNC connectors, which are primarily used for video and DS3 Telco (telephone) central office applications. Many VHF receivers use 75 ohm antenna inputs, so they often use 75 ohm BNC connectors. The only difference between a two piece and a three piece crimp on connector is the central pin. In the two piece connector, the cable center conductor enters into the connector’s center pin, where the spring contact grips it. The three piece has a separate inner pin which in crimped on its own, before the remainder of the connector is crimped. This is a more secure system for better signal flow.
|PART #||DESCRIPTION||CABLE TYPE||PRICE|
|AMP-031-315-RFX||Amphenol Three Piece BNC Crimp Connector 75 OHM||RG-174, 188, 316|
|AMP-031-70235||Amphenol Three Piece BNC Crimp Connector 75 OHM||Belden 8281|
- BNC connectors are used for RF signal connections, for analog and Serial Digital Interface video signals
- Used as an alternative to the RCA connector with composite video on commercial video devices
- Also commonly used on 10base2 thin Ethernet networks, both on cable interconnections and network cards where there is coaxial cable
|Cable RG-/U||174, 188, 316||Belden 8281|
|Cavity for Contact||0.068"||0.042"|
|Cavity for Outer Ferrule||0.178"||0.324"|
|Die Set for Tool 227-944||227-1221-9||-|
|CTL Series Tool Number||CTL-2||CTL-14|
|Body||Brass and nickel plating||Brass and nickel plating|
|Contact||Brass and gold plating||Brass and gold plating|
|Insulator||PTFE and natural||PTFE and natural|
|Impedance||75 OHM||75 OHM|
|Frequency Range||DC 0-4 GHz||DC 0-4 GHz|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage||1500 VRMS, Min||1500 VRMS, Min|
|Durability||500 Cycles Min||500 Cycles Min|
|Temp Range||-40° C to +155° C||-40° C to +155° C|
|Hex Crimp Size||0.324"||0.324"|
|Sq Crimp Size||0.043"||0.043"|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Different Crimpers Offer a Variety of Features
- How to Crimp an F Connector
- How to Attach a Crimp-On BNC Connector
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030