What's special about this foam duct sealant?
- Made to keep water, sewer gases, and rodents out of conduit for safe cable runs
- Compatible with all types of cables and conduit, great application flexibility
- Designed for harsh environments and permanent or semi-permanent applications
- Holds 15 ft water-head pressure for an extended period of time while keeping your cables safe
- Click for More Features
Running cable run in a hostile environment is no easy task. Sometimes conduit, no matter how rigid, is simply not enough protection for your cables. Water, gas, and even rodents can get into the conduit and damage your wires if the conduit is not properly sealed. FST Foam Duct Sealant plays a key role in such applications by completely sealing conduit, equipping it to handle events that most open-cell canned foams can't protect against.
|AP-FST-250||FST Duct Sealant 8.5 oz Caulking Tube Style|
|AP-FST-250KIT1||FST Duct Sealant 8.5 oz Caulking Tube Style - KIT|
|AP-FST-DAM||24" Foam Damming Strip|
|AP-HP-P158ID||Conduit Pre-Treating Cleaning Wipe|
- Great adhesion to metals, plastics and, PVC, for a firm grip and tight seal
- Easy to remove in case the need for a new cable run arises
- 8.5 oz tube works with a regular caulking gun for easy application
- Foam tolerates cable movement, allowing for removals if necessary
- Quickly expands and cures even in the presence of water, reducing application time
- Once cured, foam is strong, resilient and chemically resistant
- Made in the USA
- (1) 8.5-oz Two-Part Foam Sealant, caulking tube style (FST-250)
- (4) 24" Foam Damming Strips (FST-DAM)
- 3 Mixing Nozzles
- 1 Pair Disposable Gloves
- 1 Positioning Rod for foam dam
- 1 Pre-Treating Wipe (HP-P158ID)
- 1 Resealing Cap
- 1 Instruction Sheet
|Appearance||Light yellow color with small, even cells|
|Closed Cell Percentage||98%|
|Density||6 lbs/cubic ft.|
|Compressive Strength (ASTM D1691)||330 psi|
|Tensile Strength (ASTM 1623)||270 psi|
|Flexural Strength (ASTM D790)||460 psi|
|Seal Strength Water||40 feet intermittent - 15 feet continuous|
|Seal Strength Air||>5 psi|
CURE RATE - Reaction Time (minutes)
|MATERIAL||40° F (4° C)||70° F (21° C)|
|Foaming, Expansion Complete||8 - 9 minutes||4 - 5 minutes|
|Hard, Non-Sticky Skin Formation||15 - 18 minutes||7 - 9 minutes|
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
- Foam Duct Sealant Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Foam Duct Sealant 250 KIT Brochure (PDF)
- Foam Duct Sealant Brochure (PDF)
- Foam Duct Sealant Specifications (PDF)
RELATED ARTICLES -
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- Residential Network Installations
- What is Plenum Cable, and When Should I Use It?
- What is the Difference Between Cable Shielding and Insulation?
- Key Elements for Cable Installation Success
- Wire Wrapping Technology
I have three 3" pipes to seal with cables. Will one FST-250Kit1 be sufficient? Do I also need the Tool-250 or do I use a caulking gun?
- Thank you for your question. One kit should be enough and yes you can use a regular caulking gun.
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030