What's special about this flame retardant sleeving?
- Aerospace-grade expandable braided sleeving stretches an additional 3 times its unfilled size to ensure a snug fit for bundling cables and making wire harnesses
- Tightly woven yet highly breathable design will not trap heat or humidity, ensuring the longest life out of your cables and connected devices
- Patented PPS and PEEK dual-filament construction provides excellent resistance to abrasion, heat, oils, acid, sunlight, cleaning supplies, and other elements of hostile environments
- Non-halogenated production releases fewer toxic fumes in the event of a fire, minimizing potential health hazards and damage to nearby equipment
- Click for More Features
Expando 686DM is manufactured to withstand the elements, in compliance with the demanding specifications of the Aerospace industry. This complex braided sleeving is made from the toughest components, and has been tested to Military and ASTM standards, ensuring you get the protection you need.
Please Note: Unless otherwise indicated, these products ship within 5 weeks
|Part #||Nominal Size||Nominal Diameter||Maximum Diameter||Feet per Spool||Color||Price|
|BSBH686-075||3/4"||1/2"||1-3/8"||500||Black (In Stock - Ready to ship TODAY), Natural|
|BSBH686-250||2-1/2"||1-7/8"||3"||250||Black (in-stock, ready to ship TODAY), Natural|
- Comes on a spool for easy mounting to a dispenser reel
- Highly flame retardant material is rated to VW-1 standards
- Will not rot under any circumstances, resulting in infinite shelf life and a one-time investment
- Does not require a hot knife for cutting; can be easily cut with scissors to maximize safety and minimize project costs
- CSA Filed: LR52852
- RoHS Compliant
*All Bentley Harris products are ROHS compliant and have an indefinite shelf life. ISO 14001 & TS16949 certified.
View RoHS Certificate (PDF)
Performance Data - Expando® 686 DM
|Operating Temperature Range||-||-70° C to +200° C (-94° F to +392° F)|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||MIL-DTL-23053E||-70° C|
FAR Part 25
|Smoke Density||ASTM E-662||Dmc = 2.3|
|Oxygen Index||ASTM D 2863||36.50%|
Jet Fuel JP-4 (MIL-T-5624)
Hydraulic Fluid (MIL-H-5606)
Lube Oil (MIL-I-7808)
De-Ice Fluid (MIL-A-8243)
Reference Oil #2 (ASTM D-471)
Salt Water (O-S-1926)
|MIL-DTL-23053||No visible degradation|
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Tips for Protecting Cables from Traffic
- Tips for Cable Protection in a Veterinarian's Office
- The Facts on American Wire Gauge (AWG)
- What is Metal Gauge?
HOW-TO CORNER -
- How to Terminate Braided Sleeving
- How to Safely Install and Use Polyurethane Cable Covers
- How to Determine Which Product Diameter You Need
Do you have any question about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030