What's special about marine sealant?
- Offers great resistance to the natural elements
- Flexibility permits movement of structure
- Absorbs all stress by keeping flexibility
- Click for More Features
The seal is extremely strong. Stays flexible too - allows for structural movement. Has excellent resistance to weathering and salt water. Remains flexible with excellent resistance to the marine environment. Adheres to bare and painted metal, fiberglass, glass, non-oily woods and many plastics and abraded rubbers. Easy to apply with manual caulking gun. Remains workable with trowel or spatula up to four hours after application. Won't sag or flow in vertical or horizontal seams.
|3M-MGS-S||Marine Grade Silicone Sealant 1/10 Gallon||Clear|
|3M-MGS-A-06500||Marine Grade Adhesive Sealant 1/10 Gallon||White|
Stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking is effectively absorbed.
Check the bonding and sealing jobs this product can handle for you:
fiberglass deck to fiberglass hull, wood to fiberglass, portholes and deck fittings, motors on fiberglass transoms, under moldings, hull seams above and below water line. Center board trunk joints. Between struts and planking. Stern joints. Deck housing, etc.
Questions to consider:
- Am I making a structural, general, bedding, or sealing bond?
- Will I ever have to disassemble?
- Have I cleaned and/or scuffed the surfaces to be bonded/sealed?
- How soon do I need the adhesive sealant to skin over? over?
- Do I need to apply a primer?
- How much do I need? (Hint: a 1/10th gallon container provides 30 linear feet @ 1/4" bead, 120 feet @ 1/8" bead)
|Application Temperature||40° - 100° F
(5° - 38° C)
|Tack-Free *||20 Minutes|
|Cure ***||24-48 Hours|
|Tensile Strength||220 psi|
|% Elongation Before Break||350%|
|Can be Sanded||No|
Protect from direct sunlight and rain until cured.
H = High Strength Bonding
G = General Bonding
B = Bedding Sealing
* at 75° F/50% RH
** Primer recommended
*** at 1/4" depth
MANUALS & USER GUIDES -
RELATED ARTICLES -
- Which Firestop Product Should I Use for My Application?
- CableOrganizer.com’s Top 10 Products for Fire Protection
- History of 3M Corporation
Did you know that we can give you a quote for most of our products, including shipping?
You can also call us toll free 866.222.0030
Questions & Answers
Do you have any questions about this product?
Let our experts and customers resolve all your doubts